Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do u know what would be cool? When the Mongols take a village, they can take one more marker from the pool, and choose one to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats a marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Village marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? Do you feel that the Mongols are underpowered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More like too limited. I want to able to do more with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
I think it's more Zulu that need a buff than Mongols.
With Mongols you can have a valid strategy : winning battles, catching enemy scouts, etc., to get techs.
With Zulu, you have no real ability, and even worse, their ability to take village without battle is more an inconveniant because you cannot get coin on Col.
But that's the game ^^. Hopefully, Zulu ability is usefull in DoC, and Mongols were a bit boosted in Doc because their ability cannot be used as fast as in a normal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zulu benefits from its modifiers asap, the Mongols dont. In fact, Mongols dont own any modifiers until they win a battle. The buff can fix that issue by forcing the battle sooner.

I love Zulus for many reasons, I may pick them even over Spain...ok, maybe just Rome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
royalrook2013 wrote:
Zulu benefits from its modifiers asap, the Mongols dont. In fact, Mongols dont own any modifiers until they win a battle. The buff can fix that issue by forcing the battle sooner.

I love Zulus for many reasons, I may pick them even over Spain...ok, maybe just Rome.

That's why it's quite ok. It's just subjective choice.
Still we can all agree that these 2 Civs are not equivalent to Aztecs, Russia or Spain, but sometimes it's more funny to play with a "challenge" Civ than with a these "overpowered" Civ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Itchi wrote:
royalrook2013 wrote:

That's why it's quite ok. It's just subjective choice.
Still we can all agree that these 2 Civs are not equivalent to Aztecs, Russia or Spain, but sometimes it's more funny to play with a "challenge" Civ than with a these "overpowered" Civ.

Oh yes, totally, and I think thats how I got so good with those civs, I actively pick them over others.

But back to topic, the reason for the Mongols buff lay in the metagame of a match, I often find Mongols are being avoided on the map, I think players should be punished for that when playing that way against the Mongols.

Finally, this buff fits perfectly with Mongols theme, which is all about looting...well they should be able to loot more in villages as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Mongols are in severe need of a buff in my opinion. I have no doubt a smart player could use them well--but who would trade with you if your bonuses are solely related to winning battles? And they would have a lower chance of winning in battle vs. Germans or Japanese (infantry bonuses, science bonuses) or Spain (faster armies, more resources) and various other warmongering groups.

I would also argue the Aztecs are inherently better than the Mongols because they already have the Mongol bonus (they gain 3 trade for winning a battle, which is like +1 loot, only you don't take it from the losing player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.