Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played this game with 4 players and one gm for a total of 5...my group is going to play in the next week or so but I feel like it will drag to much with 5 players.. I would love to here how your game session played. If you have attempted it with 5 players. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dastardly Knave
msg tools
mb
We played it with 6 players, 5 commandos and an overseer. It did take a long time but this was mainly because it was the first game for most of the commandos and they have so many options.

We didn't find that it dragged at all. The commandos need to work as a team so even when it was not their turn each player was involved in discussions about what was happening and what strategies to play. My overseer turn usually went quickly because I had a lot of time to think during their turn . Not that it did me any good!

Definitely give it a go. The hardest part will be trying to decide which one of disco team is benched for the session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kuzniar
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This response is a little late for your play session, but one thing I've found that speeds things along and increases the overseer odds a bit is a timer. Your players are are commandos rushing into battle and making split second decisions, 1 minute for the team leader to hand out the order markers, and thirty seconds between each action. Don't meet that in time? Take an additional adrenaline. Picks up the pace and adds to the tension!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea.. It took us 3 hrs to work through the first game.. Seeing how know one has played it before I didn't think that was to bad.. .. But I think we can shrink this to about 2 hrs in are next game session .. Which I would be happy with..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuzniar wrote:
This response is a little late for your play session, but one thing I've found that speeds things along and increases the overseer odds a bit is a timer. Your players are are commandos rushing into battle and making split second decisions, 1 minute for the team leader to hand out the order markers, and thirty seconds between each action. Don't meet that in time? Take an additional adrenaline. Picks up the pace and adds to the tension!

Have you used those time limits (1 min orders, 30 sec. actions) with a group of entirely new players?

Wondering if perhaps in a first learning game being a touch more forgiving would still move things along and add tension without completely stressing out the already overwhelmed newbies. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.