DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite» Forums » General

Subject: Why didn't I recieve a Starfire Promo card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jman P
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I thought buying the game through brick and mortar stores was the only way to receive the Starfire promo card. I purchased my copy at a game store and didn't receive one though. I'm pretty upset because the closest store is 50 minutes away, so imagine my surprise after a 50 minute drive to be told that I won't receive a promo card!!

Can anything be done about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Get in touch with Cryptozoic. They are very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get mine either. I was disappointed, but the shop owner said there was some sort of shipping problem and it should arrive eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Mentioned in another thread was the fact that 1000 promo cards were lost in shipping. Also, we printed the same number of promos as last time, but then lots of late preorders came in, so we couldn't cover all of the preorders. They are being reprinted and will get sent to the stores.

Only Brick and Mortar stores will get the promos.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conlledo
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar problem, I pre order from Cool stuff inc. I just thought they didnt had the promos. Wht should I do to get mine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman P
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Matt Hyra wrote:
Mentioned in another thread was the fact that 1000 promo cards were lost in shipping. Also, we printed the same number of promos as last time, but then lots of late preorders came in, so we couldn't cover all of the preorders. They are being reprinted and will get sent to the stores.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

What constitutes a "Brick and Mortar" store. From my understanding that was a physical gaming store. Is this correct, because that is where I purchased my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
teamcyclops wrote:
What constitutes a "Brick and Mortar" store. From my understanding that was a physical gaming store. Is this correct, because that is where I purchased my copy.

Yes, a physical store. We will get the cards out to your store when they arrive from the printer.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Cryptozoic allow their promo cards for both DC deck builders to be sold at the BGG Store?

I got my first DC game and loved it but I did not get in when it first came out so I missed the Martian Manhunter and would love a chance to get one.
The Faust promo is also very hard to get and would be a great promo for the BGG Store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully someday. If it happens, we'll be sure to make a big announcement.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

About those 1000 cards, I don't want to point fingers, ESPECIALLY since I have no evidence, but I couldn't help noticing this eBay auction.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

They have sold 80 Felix Faust promos so far over multiple listings and it indicates they have more than 10 available. Does Alliance normally give retailers over 100 copies of a promo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman P
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Matt Hyra wrote:
teamcyclops wrote:

Yes, a physical store. We will get the cards out to your store when they arrive from the printer.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Sounds good! The store I purchased my copy from is
Lost World of Wonders, 6913 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53219

How will I know if and when they will receive them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Not sure when they will arrive.
When they do, I'm sure it will get mentioned on the forums.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A store I went to today in Virginia said they only got promos in with some of their pre-orders. I thought the East didn't get any promos?

I hope they do get some more in soon so I can pick this baby up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.