Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only had 13 show up for our Store Championship this time. A store policy of not pre-registering I think really hurt the possible long distance commuters, since they didn't want to drive a long way and find out they couldn't play. A big thanks to Jerome and Sean though for making that trip from Louisville! However, there will be another Indianapolis Store Championship at Game Time on March 30th at 1pm, so come out to that! On to the tourney!

My Decks:

Good Ol' Gabe 1.6 GP Store Championship Top 4

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (23)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Hostage (Opening Moves)
2x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) •
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (7)
1x Decoy (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) ••
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)

Russian Jackson 1.3 GP Store Championship Top 4

NBN: The World is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
1x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (12)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
3x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (2)
2x Grim (Opening Moves)

ICE (3)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)

The Rounds
We decided to play 4 rounds and then the winner would be declared. We used the NRTM app on an iPad and loved it! Mostly that is why I'm doing this session report, just to give the data from that. See below for that.

Round 1 - Brandon (Reina/EtF) (4 prestige)
He ran first and had me locked down in HQ with Nerve Agent (I think). I saw Nerve Agent 3 times throughout the day. However, I was able to score an early AstroScript and then took off from there for the win.

Next he just had some horrible luck. Had 4 agendas in his opening hand, so mulligan and got 3 in the next one. I then pulled 4 points off of R&D first turn and won on turn 3. Just too hard for him to keep me out of HQ.

Round 2 - Jeremy (Kate/BABW) (6 Prestige)
I'm a huge dummy. I ran first. I play Jeremy all the time. We live 6 minutes apart. I ran on an open R&D after Sure Gamble and then for some reason my last two clicks played Hostage for Professional Contacts, leaving me with 3 bucks and 3 cards. He had SEA & Scorch in hand. I lost. Like a dummy as I've said.

Game 2 though showed Jeremy make some serious mistakes. I had 4 or 5 ICE on R&D and he made a run and ended up miscounting and got stopped by the Pop Up on the last spot. I got 3 Astros and won easily. Both of us were upset with our poor play.

Round 3 - David (Kate/GRNDL) (10 Prestige)
David is one of the top 3 players in our league. He played Kate first and we had a really tight game, again locking my HQ down with Nerve Agent. So unless I top decked something, I was unable to score it before he could steal it from me. He was working on getting an R&D lock down when I was able to quickly score the last points needed for the win. Really good game.

This time I wasn't going to die as quick. I don't think I ran my first 10 turns. Maybe not that many, but a lot. He had something like 28 credits in turn 3! He got a 5 ice remote going and score 4 points. I then made a run at HQ thinking he has to have something and I had a lot of money. I scored a single point. He then installed in the remote and I Blackmailed him and got 2 more. Then I did it again with a Same Old Thing he forgot about. Then he knew he was in trouble when I had 2 more Same Old Things out. I infiltrated a Snare and eventually got the win. Still a close game and one that was crazy lopsided, just at different times.

Round 4 - Greg (Reina/Making News) - (10 Prestige)
I was stupid. Simple as that. At one point I was winning 5 to 3 with NBN. I kept rezzing a Chimera, protecting a character assassination in my hand from his Nerve Agent. This kept me way to low in money. I had Biotic and Shipment in my hand as well and kept thinking I'll be able to score it. I should've just let him score it and made sure I won by drawing any of the other two pointers. He played a really good game and used his Knights very effectively.

Game 1 lasted a really long time and so I wasn't sure we'd finish game 2. He plays a more horizontal NBN and was able to keep me out of the win, with a Stimhack, by rezzing Ash on the last turn and then scoring a Restructured Data Pool with SanSan and Astro token. I really needed my Corroder or my Sneak Door and never saw the latter and had to dig a long time for the former to get past a wrap around on R&D. Tollbooth on HQ killed me.

Congrats to Greg, a relatively new player, on the big win and being tourney champ!

Pie Charts, Stats, and Cool Things.
Corp Decks
Corp ID Wins
Corp Faction Wins
Runner Decks
Runner ID Wins
Runner Faction Wins
Corp Vs Runner Wins
Type of Wins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Agee
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
That app produced some neat graphs, Adam. Thanks for sharing.

I won this particular store championship using the decks below. Feel free to rip them apart because they can stand some improvement. I didn't necessarily win on the strength of the decks, but I avoided mistakes and got a little lucky along the way. Thanks to Adam and Travis for running/organizing the show.

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (45 cards)

Event (12)
2 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
1 Lawyer Up
3 Quality Time
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 Rabbit Hole
2 Spinal Modem

Resource (7)
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Daily Casts
2 Xanadu

Icebreaker (10)
3 Corroder
3 Knight
2 Mimic
2 Yog.0

Program (9)
3 Datasucker
3 Imp
2 Medium
1 Nerve Agent

Notes: I feel pretty good about Spinal Modem, surprisingly. I've tried Reina with Desperado and didn't feel like they played as nicely together as I expected. One of my few mistakes during the tournament came when I ran a Spinal Modem out early ... I hadn't even played any breakers yet. I saw a console in my opening hand and kind of played it mindlessly. When it works for me, I play it later in the game to make repeated runs a little less taxing. The extra memory helps to stick a silver-bullet Knight on occasion as well.

Cut the Rabbit Holes ... they are way too cute. I had trouble finding a use for that spot, honestly, but even a set of Infiltrations gets you further than the bonus link. Any other suggestions for the three deck slots and bonus influence?

Account Siphon underperformed for me (not sure if I am allowed to say that on BGG or not). I rarely wanted to play it when I had it in hand, and when I could play it the Corp had spots to dump their money, or had HQ locked down tightly. I wavered between Account Siphon/Lawyer Up and Inside Job. In hindsight, I think I prefer potential agenda sniping with the latter.

My economic setup worked like a dream. Much thanks to Travis for the suggestions. The deck really doesn't need much cash to run effectively, and Casts and Armitage provide what little you need without having to invest much time or cash up front.

NBN: Making News (49 cards)

Agenda (10)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
2 Breaking News
3 Project Beale
2 Restructured Datapool

Asset (6)
3 Jackson Howard
3 Marked Accounts

Upgrade (5)
3 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 SanSan City Grid

Operation (10)
3 Anonymous Tip
1 Closed Accounts
3 Hedge Fund
3 Sweeps Week

Barrier (6)
3 TMI
3 Wraparound

Code Gate (9)
3 Pop-up Window
1 RSVP
3 Tollbooth
2 Viper

Sentry (3)
3 Caduceus

Notes: As Adam's graphs show, NBN and Weyland dominated the standings on this day, much to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Right off the bat, I should have swapped the number of Ash and SanSan. SanSan changes the game so much that you really have to run three of them in this style of NBN.

I'm never quite sure how much Marked Accounts benefits me, but I continue to use it. I wonder if PAD might accomplish the same thing without the upkeep. I often hesitated to load it, but missed the drip economy when I decided not to.

I rarely scored a Restructured Datapool (though it and the aforementioned Ash did star in my play of the day during my match with Adam). However, my low agenda density did matter in a couple of games, to which my frustrated opponents can attest. As a result, I could leave the ICE on R&D a little more porous but also more taxing.

One last note about TMI: while it can be fickle, it secured some centrals for longer than it should (given its low cost) as even runners with Corroder dislike paying four every run to get through it.

That does it as far as my notes go. I had fun, but noticed more uniformity than I expected (and, with my NBN deck, I'm guilty as charged). Not to say every player ran stock lists, but having a good idea what to expect makes it easier to know the "right" play and therefore easier to avoid mistakes.

Good games to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.