Subject: Loss of Patrol Wagon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franciscophilus Nakajima
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Here are a couple quick questions regarding the patrol wagon;

- If the patrol wagon is lost after combat or returning from another world, can it ever be regained? Could another player become deputy and regain the patrol wagon, for example?

- Can the deputy resign his post, so that another player can become deputy?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.

This is just my sense and I don't have a rule cite to support it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Franciscophilus wrote:
- If the patrol wagon is lost after combat or returning from another world, can it ever be regained? Could another player become deputy and regain the patrol wagon, for example?

No. If it is lost, is out of the game (in the repair shop or being used by mi-go).

Franciscophilus wrote:
- Can the deputy resign his post, so that another player can become deputy?

No. Sheriff Engle has a soft heart and never fires his deputy. And if the deputy dies, he will honor his/her memory by never, ever hiring someone again for the position. At least not in the same timeline.

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played one deputy per game. If the deputy is devoured, or loses the revolver and/or patrol wagon, the deputy card and items are returned to the box.

Any reference I've seen to the deputy mechanics on line say pretty much the same thing, but I can find anything in the FAQ or rules to support this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franciscophilus Nakajima
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for the quick response! I was sort of afraid of this because the patrol wagon card does specify it is to be returned to the box if lost. That is kind of harsh.

One way around this is to trade the wagon with another player prior to fighting or going to another world, since the wagon (and revolver) are tradeable items. Thematically speaking however, I find it strange that the city who appointed you as deputy would allow trading the wagon or gun. I would be inclined to make the patrol wagon non tradeable for that reason and because it allows for multiple uses of the wagon by other players in the same turn. On the other hand, the game is hard enough as it is and if the rules allow for it, so be it...

I have been playing this game for a long time now but still come up with rule questions every so often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
But you don't have to tell your superiors that you lent the wagon or gun to a friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.