BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Katzenjammer Blues
5 players: *Jy*, Dan, Rick, Wes, Joe
Avg enjoyment: 4.80

Rick and I were the only ones who had played this one before but I told the group that if they didn't grasp the rules in 60 seconds, I'd throw them out of my house -- the game is that easy to learn. I wondered how this one would play 5 players, and it ended weird. I won but I only played one quartet! The problem is that with 5 players you go thru the cards so fast, and there is so few to go around, that if you have a joker, you pretty much have to use it, taking cards towards a possible penalty. I got one quartet worth 4 mice, and managed to avoid the joker penalty. It just felt like you couldn't do anything. I couldn't have played another quartet if I had tried! Rick and I both feel this is much better as a 3 player games.

Winner: Jy

Ratings: Jy 4, Dan 5, Rick 6, Wes 3, Joe 6
Avg enjoyment: 4.80

Well, I've player Money! before and it is so similar to this game. I like Money better because I find KJ to just have no tension in it. Rick likes KJ tho, and the group agreed that Chester probably would have given it a 9 (since he likes card games so much.) But this proved to be the lowest rated game of the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.