Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have to say that the tuck boxes included in the 4th edition are just about the best things ever. Game companies, take note. Every game should come so easily organized. Kudos to the Game Salute guys. Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zpeteman wrote:
I just have to say that the tuck boxes included in the 4th edition are just about the best things ever. Game companies, take note. Every game should come so easily organized. Kudos to the Game Salute guys. Well done.

did this game have these in previous versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's new with the latest KS edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
zpeteman wrote:

I know the first edition didn't. Not sure about second and third edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second edition didn't but I just dropped my cards in a medium ziplock style bag and it was all good. Do the new tuckboxes fit sleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
Second edition didn't but I just dropped my cards in a medium ziplock style bag and it was all good. Do the new tuckboxes fit sleeved cards?

no. but they are color coded which is great for separating the colors and game pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree. I've never used tuck boxes in any of my previous games, but these are VERY NICE! Production quality as far as I can tell for the 4th edition is OUTSTANDING!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
jwspiker wrote:
zpeteman wrote:

I know the first edition didn't. Not sure about second and third edition.

They are new to the 4th Edition. Game Salute has what seems to be a placeholder page in their store for the tuckboxes so maybe they will be on sale for those of us with earlier editions later: http://gamesalute.com/games/game.php?game=758

I have reached out to Game Salute via their online contact form for comment. I will let everyone know what I hear back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys - Michael from GS here.

The tuckboxes are indeed new for the fourth edition of Alien Frontiers. I don't believe that they're going to be on sale in the near future, but if there's enough demand for them I imagine that could well change. Anyone else want to get their hands on them?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Hey guys - Michael from GS here.

The tuckboxes are indeed new for the fourth edition of Alien Frontiers. I don't believe that they're going to be on sale in the near future, but if there's enough demand for them I imagine that could well change. Anyone else want to get their hands on them?

Michael

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, part of why they are so awesome is that every single component of the game gets its own well-constructed, labeled tuck box, all of which fit neatly into the box (including expansions) without having to remove the insert. I think this is now the ONE game I own for which I need no extra storage or organization. Beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TTIWWP!

(Translation: Pics! Where are they?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the picture of the tuck boxes, I noticed there are 2 more boxes in the picture than what came in my box (I just unboxed mine this morning)

I did not see the purple nor agenda tuckboxes. Were these supposed to come in every copy? This is the first boardgame I've backed on kickstarter, and I must admit the vast number of options was a tad overwhelming. Perhaps the other boxes were on some other backer level?

I did notice what seems to be an extra bag of fuel and ore tokens--I wonder if my game box was mispacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishbelly wrote:
Looking at the picture of the tuck boxes, I noticed there are 2 more boxes in the picture than what came in my box (I just unboxed mine this morning)

I did not see the purple nor agenda tuckboxes. Were these supposed to come in every copy? This is the first boardgame I've backed on kickstarter, and I must admit the vast number of options was a tad overwhelming. Perhaps the other boxes were on some other backer level?

I did notice what seems to be an extra bag of fuel and ore tokens--I wonder if my game box was mispacked?

The purple and agenda ones should come with the Factions expansion as it adds agenda cards and the purple dice/colonies for a fifth player. Or so I would guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Fishbelly wrote:

The purple and agenda ones should come with the Factions expansion as it adds agenda cards and the purple dice/colonies for a fifth player. Or so I would guess.

That would make sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't bother reading this thread until now because I assumed a user created the tuck boxes. Well, I was quite surprised when I opened the game today and found them to actually be included w/in the game. Gotta say brilliant move and I'll echo that more games should do this!! Amazing!!!

On a side note I seem to have a lot of extra items does anyone else?

2 extra ore for a total of 22
2 extra fuel for a total of 32
1 extra colony token for a total of 9 in each color
1 extra bag of colony tokens so in total my game came with 18 colonies in each color
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
Didn't bother reading this thread until now because I assumed a user created the tuck boxes. Well, I was quite surprised when I opened the game today and found them to actually be included w/in the game. Gotta say brilliant move and I'll echo that more games should do this!! Amazing!!!

On a side note I seem to have a lot of extra items does anyone else?

2 extra ore for a total of 22
2 extra fuel for a total of 32
1 extra colony token for a total of 9 in each color
1 extra bag of colony tokens so in total my game came with 18 colonies in each color

I had all the same "extras" as you, except I had an extra bag of ore & fuel tokens instead of the extra colonies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the tuckboxes also hold sleeved cards, or are they tight fit for the original size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashlar wrote:
Do the tuckboxes also hold sleeved cards, or are they tight fit for the original size?

There's definitely a lot of empty space in the box with unsleeved cards. But unfortunately they do not hold sleeved cards ... the sleeves are too wide and too tall for the tuck box. (Using FFG sleeves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please offer the tuck boxes for the base game and expansions to those of us with earlier editions! And while I'm dreaming, can I get a copy of the Alien Frontiers: The Space Crane? Please?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
My only complaint is they don't hold cards when they are sleeved. This could have easily been fixed by making the box a few mm wider. Still an awesome addition and something I hope more companies offer in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xgamerms999 wrote:
Please offer the tuck boxes for the base game and expansions to those of us with earlier editions! And while I'm dreaming, can I get a copy of the Alien Frontiers: The Space Crane? Please?!?

Seconded, those are pretty sweet. WTB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.