Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I am trying to find an answer on my phone.

If there is a Monster with a Check to Defeat=Intelligence Arcane or Wisdom Divine, and my character has Arcane: Charisma +2, can I use my Charisma die plus +2 for my Arcane? Or do I need Intelligence: Arcane? I guess the question is does the word Arcane allow me to use my Arcane: Charisma?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Birk
msg tools
mb
There is not such thing as "Intelligence Arcane" or "wisdom divine", they are four separate skills. In this case, you can test "Intelligence" or "Arcane" or "wisdom" or "Divine." When testing "Arcane" or "Divine" it doesn't matter which state you base the skill off of.

So, yes, you use your Charisma as the base die for your Arcane test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane will work regardless on which base skill in comes from. The check should be read as Intelligence or Arcane not Intelligence and Arcane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may use your arcane die, which happens to be your charisma die + whatever. There are four possible checks for the card you describe, not two. Int, arcane, wis, or divine. Characters without the arcane or divine skills, can still attempt a check using their int or wis die. The fact that Lem and Seoni have their arcane skill based off cha instead if int is immaterial. Hope that clears it up.

Edit: wow I type slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. That's the way I have been playing, so good to know I wasn't screwing it up! lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.