6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shroud Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
msg tools
Hi,
I have a quick shroud question. If I have multiple shrouds, and an event occurs that would discard or disable a crew, I can just discard one shroud to prevent it, right? Since there's no "may" in the card wording, I'm curious if someone could argue that all shrouds have to be discarded to prevent the crew discard. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Using one Shroud to save your crew means that the crew is no longer going to be discarded, so none of your other Shrouds apply anymore. You CANNOT discard multiple Shrouds in a single discard event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean Korax can reliably discard one crew upgrade on an enemy ship with two Shrouds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything that says may OR requires a disable (or discard) is always optional. http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13736787#13736787

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FortuneFavorTheBold wrote:
Does that mean Korax can reliably discard one crew upgrade on an enemy ship with two Shrouds?

No. Each Shroud can be used to save one of the crew. You just can't use multiple shrouds to save a single crew during one discard event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to post the information to the FAQ card pages, but I had asked about Korax with Shroud before in the FAQ (so feel free to search there until I find the post at some point).

- You have to use 2 Shrouds to fully block Korax.
- Korax has to announce both targets before Shroud is declared to be used.
- The person playing Shroud gets to choose which one is discarded or saved.
- Korax cannot target the same crew twice (so if Shroud stopped it once and then you tried to target it again as the 2nd crew member, this also breaks the rule where you have to target all of your targets first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.