United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
I’ve got to start extending my card holder!

Innovation is my favorite game apart from Go: I can’t get my hands on NPLH soon enough.

Any idea of an availability date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, have they announced any sort of release date yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Not here, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
As a sometime playtester for No Place Like Home, I've been enjoying it, but with the change int he achievement rules in May of last year, I was unable to get copies of the new achivements. Any chance of describing them here or sending them on to me? Direct communication hasn't been successful. I like the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, to which achievement rule change are you referring to? Is there a change I have missed (or am forgetting?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robertnorse wrote:
As a sometime playtester for No Place Like Home, I've been enjoying it, but with the change int he achievement rules in May of last year, I was unable to get copies of the new achivements. Any chance of describing them here or sending them on to me? Direct communication hasn't been successful. I like the expansion.

If you want to see changed achivements start a game on http://innovation.isotropic.org/ with Cities turned on.
I cannot guarantee that is a final version of these achievements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Not yet, no.

Is rules version "beta 0.98" the latest available ruleset?

I was granted access to playtest but had to lessen my involvement due to lack of time. I'm interested to see where this one goes, enjoyed the early plays!

(I'll have to see if my rule printout has a vers number when I get home)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blakstar wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:
Not yet, no.

Is rules version "beta 0.98" the latest available ruleset?

I was granted access to playtest but had to lessen my involvement due to lack of time. I'm interested to see where this one goes, enjoyed the early plays!

(I'll have to see if my rule printout has a vers number when I get home)

Rules which changed most during tests and were made public in implementation on isotropic:
- Cities drawing rules (Draw City equal to highest top card when splaying (Only if stack is actually splayed). Draw City after Meld action(!) in which new color was melded(age equal to melded card)
- Endorse action changed to special Dogma Action with doubled effects.
- White flag counts as achievements if you have most (or tied for most) visible cards in color
- aforementioned changes to achievements.
If any other changed was made they wasn't mentioned in playtest e-mails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Two questions:

1. Was the main reason the actions and achievements were changed for simplificaiton?

2. Is No Place Like Home actually intended for publication or likely to remain an on-line tester for the foreseeable future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
I have never heard that it was not intended for publication?

I think I remember hearing 2014, but I couldn’t tell you where or when I (think I) heard that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We do want to publish it, just haven't gotten the mechanics where we want them. It'll get out, just taking a bit longer than planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that it's available as a pre-order on Miniature Market, does that mean an autumn release is possible or might it still be some time yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh I really dislike it when places start taking pre-orders for things that don't have announced release dates yet, or more importantly prices for that matter.

When we know when it's coming out, believe me, BGG will be the first place we post it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Gosh I really dislike it when places start taking pre-orders for things that don't have announced release dates yet, or more importantly prices for that matter.

When we know when it's coming out, believe me, BGG will be the first place we post it!

Thanks, yeah - that's just silly and misleading. Had no idea that an OLGS would do something like that, but consider my eyes opened. I'll wait for an announcement here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is *possible* they received an out-dated info sheet where we'd listed a 'TBD 2014' with a tenative price on it via a distributor? But I honestly don't know, I don't have any direct contact with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, no. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanti Massey
msg tools
Are you going to continue supporting both visual styles?

the Asmodee and the Iello?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purgatus wrote:
Are you going to continue supporting both visual styles?

the Asmodee and the Iello?
Since Chris is with Asmadi (not Asmodee), I imagine it will like be by them first and later released by Iello.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmadi. And I can't speak to the Iello version at all, but I plan to continue doing our style for as long as people like to play Innovation! We are working on an visual update (same basic style, but with a little more texture and such) for the Asmadi version, it's looking pretty neat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see game's pub date on BGG now 2015... so that's progress...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two points. First, the expansion can't come soon enough. I've made a special box, which holds the base game and the two current expansions as well as functioning as a holder when the cards are sorted by age. (I've currently got the base game stored elsewhere, and I only printed 2/3rds of the PnP NPLH cards, but you can see the idea.)

And secondly there mustn't be any more expansions after NPLH. Quite a bit of work went into that box, and I'd rather not have to make another one!

It was my first attempt at applying French Polish, which (after some initial travails) worked quite well. And unfortunately there is a large split in the base of the box, caused by a shiver in the wood (lesson to self - don't use a piece of wood that starts to show the slightest split; cut it well past that split, it'll only get worse as the wood is worked and continues to dry). Oh, and I should have made the lid deeper, or the box larger by one extra row of slots - I left myself with nowhere to easily store the Achievement cards (hence having to rout a "pocket" into the lid itself, where the cards are currently held in by magnets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Shenderov
msg tools
designer
mb
angelkurisu wrote:
Asmadi. And I can't speak to the Iello version at all, but I plan to continue doing our style for as long as people like to play Innovation! We are working on an visual update (same basic style, but with a little more texture and such) for the Asmadi version, it's looking pretty neat

Hi Chris! Just wanted to say to a fellow designer that I fell in love with your game the first time I played it. I couldn't remember the name for a long time, but now that I've found it again I will be getting the base game plus current expansions. Where can I get the game to support you the most? As in, you get the best percentage of the sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Direct from us on AsmadiGames.com is the best way, for percentages! Whatever works best for you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.