Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... While I like the Drunk, I was thinking about ways to change roles without having to really change the game.

For the Drunk, I thought of this instead of the current action:

During the Werewolf phase and TWO other night actions, the Drunk puts their thumbs up so that everyone during that scene knows who the Drunk is.

Two clarifications:
1) During the Doppleganger phase, the Drunk doesn't raise his thumbs. (Not that drunk yet.)
2) The Drunk can put their thumbs up during the Minion phase to make it seem like he is a Werewolf.

I like this because it makes the Drunk more active and allows you to change strategies. You can help out the Seer by raising your thumbs. Or the Robber might not steal from you. Or maybe the Troublemaker won't do anything. The Masons know a lot of information too.

In addition, it allows the Drunk to get more bluffing potential. Raised your thumbs during Seer but nobody is claiming it? It could be in the middle and now you could potentially claim it.

Because now people can be like, "Who saw the drunk?!?!"

Also, this allows the Werewolves information regardless of whether or not the drunk is or isn't in the village.

That's a lot of talk.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried playing with it? It seems very interesting and I feel like it could add a lot of power to that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the drunk as is, but there is the root of a very cool idea there with the misrepresentation during the minion's thumb viewing. The idea of disturbing other players' phases is interesting. Another character could place a token that blocked one middle card from being viewed or one player's card from being swapped, etc. hmm Some cool possibilities for the expansion. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.