Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that in all my games there are some creatures and spells that are completely ignored: Ooze (always, regardless of it's card) every Goblin except the really strong one (the one that adds 2 dice to your active pool as soon as it's destroyed).

Do you guys have the same experience?

I'm seriously thinking about adopting a drafting mechanic.

PS: sorry if I'm not using the names of the actual cards, but I own the game in Italian and I'm not quite sure how to translate it back correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! You're beginning to see why we need variants for this :P

Yes, some cards rarely make sense and they either don't work or work only when another card is in place (which doesn't happen very often). In most traditional Quarriors games, people tend to focus on one-two spells and two creatures out of, say 4, that make sense for current game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Aha! You're beginning to see why we need variants for this

I know

It's really funny beacause when I first heard about this game I scoured the forums for some info and was very confused by all this talk of variants...

Now I own the game (only since friday btw) and I'm going through the same mental process as everyone else XD I'm in my room cooking up variants, trying them out by myself ecc...

This is a game with SO MUCH potential! I'm glad I bought it but I'm also a little sad that the creators didn't put as much thought into it as it deserved...

I'll go and check out some drafting possibilities in the Variants section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Since I regard Quarriors as a light game that encourages experimenting and fun, nobody in my group loses sleep over how to win and we all bring Quarriors to the table a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't trying to bash the game, I'll redirect you to the Variant thread I've just written

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15130620#15130620

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a set of "good card combinations" vs. "Bad card combinations" to help guide scenarios/situations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.