Hide
2 Posts

De Poorters van Nieuwstad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Changing Wood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Gits
msg tools
Yesterday it was my first time i've played.

We had a lot of questions on the possibility to change wood to upgraded wooden boards ( planken ).
As we understood it, it is possible to change wood into boards in the sawmill ( houtzagerij ). One wood becomes the value of two when you let them turn in the sawmill.

What we found a very big pity is the fact that you never see the wooden boards on the overview map where you can build ( overzichtskaart met de verschillende gebouwen )
So we assumed that if it costs 5 wood, you can buy that for 2 wooden boards and one rough wood.
Is this played right?

Also, the sawmill is bought by one person just like the timbertrade. Are these buildings open for everyone to use like the market? Or are those functions only possible for the people who build those buildings.
>For example:
If person 1 buys the sawmill, is it possible for person 2 to saw his wood in the sawmill? If yes, does he has to pay a florin like for the bakery and butcher and so on?
Or is the building only usefull for the buyer?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"So we assumed that if it costs 5 wood, you can buy that for 2 wooden boards and one rough wood."

I think this is correct.

"Are these buildings open for everyone to use like the market? Or are those functions only possible for the people who build those buildings."

I think you need to pay the owner of the sawmill 1 florin in order to use it to convert your wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.