Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Marino
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Just have a question regarding the Star of Invulnerability from the expansion. The card states "This hero ignores any damage from the first three rooms of your dungeon." I understand that it does not take damage from the first three rooms, but takes damage from rooms 4 and 5. However, what if I teleport he hero after entering the 5th room? Does the hero take damage in the first 3 rooms or does still immune to that damage?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret that as "the hero doesn't take damage from the first three rooms of your dungeon that he encounters". So if you have five rooms and just before the hero leaves room 5 then you teleport him back to the beginning of the dungeon, then his progress would be:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

and he would take damage from:

4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

- everything except for the first three rooms he encounters.

Conversely, if he skipped over room 1 for some reason, then he'd only take damage from room 5, because 2, 3 and 4 would be the first three rooms he encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this reasoning because the Star of Invulnerability is based on the Super Mario Bros. games. When you get a star you're only invincible for a short duration, not a specific area or level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Marino
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.