Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A trend or a one-off? I have encountered a brand new Z-Man box with a faulty tile supply. I came looking out of curiousity to see if there might be similar experiences.

72 basic tiles are present but when checked against the inventory sheet 20 are missing. Thus 50 proper tiles, then another 20 that are excess duplicates. The Start Tile is among the missing.

My expectation is that one of the 6 intended unpunched sheets got left out and a duplicate sheet took its place.

(all is fine with The River)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fotrich Trucks
msg tools
mbmbmb
This should be 2 sheets missing and 2 other duplicated. Report to Z-man and ask for help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, yes. 12 tiles per sheet, not 24.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the comments about Z-man's customer service (or rather lack thereof) in various threads I suggest you return it to the retailer for refund or replacement. it's clearly faulty and thus even in the US you should have some consumer rights to enforce, I guess.

Even if Z-man do do something about it, it could be weeks before you hear from them, by which time it might be too late to enforce your rights vs. the retailer.

The retailer will simply get a full refund from the wholesaler (or distributor/whomever) so you don't need to worry if you bought from a FLGS that they are getting shafted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Tomello,

Please send me a PM with the tiles you are missing; you can find out by checking the tile index on the back of the rules. So tell me what you have and don't have. For example A3 B0 C2, etc. That way we know exactly what tiles to send you.
Also send me your address and we will get you the correct tiles asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

noted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Given the comments about Z-man's customer service (or rather lack thereof) in various threads I suggest you return it to the retailer for refund or replacement. it's clearly faulty and thus even in the US you should have some consumer rights to enforce, I guess.

Even if Z-man do do something about it, it could be weeks before you hear from them, by which time it might be too late to enforce your rights vs. the retailer.

The retailer will simply get a full refund from the wholesaler (or distributor/whomever) so you don't need to worry if you bought from a FLGS that they are getting shafted.

This is all I've heard about Z-man as well, but the less than 4 hour response on a public forum is pretty impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do a search for all the threads that have NOT been responded to .... and the litany of complaints about email not being answered and ... well ... draw a conclusion.

One swallow doth not a Spring make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Lurkfish wrote:
enoon wrote:

This is all I've heard about Z-man as well, but the less than 4 hour response on a public forum is pretty impressive.

You only get a 4 hour response time if you complain in public. I properly submitted a parts request in December of 2013 and still haven't seen a thing other than a confirmation email that Zman received it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes yes yes, I understand the dilemmas of Z-man games and customer service. Even though the reply was within four hours the parts may not show up within four months.
Still, four hours wasn't bad and gives one hope that things are or will get turned around. That was my point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admire your optimism! Hope is a small town in Arkansas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stlm wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
enoon wrote:

You only get a 4 hour response time if you complain in public. I properly submitted a parts request in December of 2013 and still haven't seen a thing other than a confirmation email that Zman received it.

The fact that you haven't gotten any response, or your parts for that matter, since December is totally unacceptable. Please send me a PM and I will have your parts sent before the end of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happykali wrote:
Hello Tomello,

Please send me a PM with the tiles you are missing; you can find out by checking the tile index on the back of the rules. So tell me what you have and don't have. For example A3 B0 C2, etc. That way we know exactly what tiles to send you.
Also send me your address and we will get you the correct tiles asap. :)
post office delivery from Canada arrived yesterday afternoon. Two unpunched sheets.

Audited for corectness and passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.