Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd put a post out there and see if anyone could point me to something I've been trying to find for a while now. I'm looking for a storage box to keep Netrunner tokens in that is divided, with a removable top. I seem to be able to find one or the other, but so far not both. The usual standard Plano boxes are divided nicely, but the lid doesn't come completely off. The issue I have, is that when I'm at a tournament, space is often at a premium. Trying to put a plano box with my various tokens in it and a lid that swings open is difficult, as I don't want to crowd the people trying to play next to me. I have found little plastic storage boxes with removable lids like this: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/452414/Really-Useful-B... but none of them are divided. I'm currently using multiples of these and they're working out ok, but I'd really like to have just one box to bring to tournaments.

I suppose I could simply cut the lid off of a plano box and then use a rubber band or something to hold it shut, but that seems rather janky.

Has anyone out there seen something like what I'm talking about or perhaps has another suggestion for a space saving Netrunner token storage solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The top of most Plano boxes does actually come off. There are some tabs to prevent it from coming off, but it's not hard to get it off and then put it back on later.

I actually have a great divider for Netrunner. It's a long, thin one, like 18 inches long and 3 inches wide. I have it set up symmetrically, so there are 1- and 5-credit tokens, tags, brain damage, and misc counters easily accessible from either end. Then there are two large troughs in the center; one I use for holding glass beads I use to track clicks, and the other is filled with a bunch more 1-credit tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I use one of these:
http://sistemaplastics.com/products/lunch/small-split-colour...

It's a good size and the inside is divided in two so I can put the money in one half and the miscellaneous tokens in the other half - which really is as much sorting as is needed. Lid comes off completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about those weekly pill organizers? Just search on Walmart to find them. Not sure they are big enough to hold enough counters, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the medium tins here for most of my bits:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/hingedtincontainersmi.aspx

They work really well and don't leave my pieces smelling like mint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
The top of most Plano boxes does actually come off. There are some tabs to prevent it from coming off, but it's not hard to get it off and then put it back on later.

I actually have a great divider for Netrunner. It's a long, thin one, like 18 inches long and 3 inches wide. I have it set up symmetrically, so there are 1- and 5-credit tokens, tags, brain damage, and misc counters easily accessible from either end. Then there are two large troughs in the center; one I use for holding glass beads I use to track clicks, and the other is filled with a bunch more 1-credit tokens.

Hmmm. That's true. I imagine I could pop the hinges off. I'm be a bit concerned about breaking them though. Still, might be a viable solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomGraham wrote:
I use one of these:
http://sistemaplastics.com/products/lunch/small-split-colour...

It's a good size and the inside is divided in two so I can put the money in one half and the miscellaneous tokens in the other half - which really is as much sorting as is needed. Lid comes off completely.

Aaaahhhh!! Very nice and a lot closer to what I'm looking for. And yes, just seperating the credit tokens from the other ones would be sufficient. I actually have a custom set of acrylic tokens that I could probably bring to a tournament to save space anyway, so a smallish two compartment unit would work well for that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Thompson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wake up. Caffeine. Somehow shower, dress, out the door. Consciousness arrives on the skyway, just in time to flee in the panic for the walk into the MegaBuy office.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use one of these 8-Compartment Clear Compartment Boxes. A couple of other players in my meta use them; I stole the idea from them. It fits enough tokens to use and is small enough to carry around without being a nuisance. The lid doesn't come off but I find that it's small enough to not be in the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this gem at Michael's:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
I picked up this gem at Michael's...

Nice! What are the blue gems for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
Quarashi wrote:
I picked up this gem at Michael's...

Nice! What are the blue gems for?

I use them to track Memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00144CEO6/ref=oh_details_o...

I have one of these for Netrunner and one for Star Wars lcg. They fit everything perfectly and are easy to put tokens in and take them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bartels
United States
Jamesburg
NJ - New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found these Plano bait boxes on amazon and they work well for several games
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000BY57W/ref=oh_details_o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just head to the fishing section at Walmart. Picked this up for under $4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rediknight wrote:
Just head to the fishing section at Walmart. Picked this up for under $4

thumbsup

That's the case I use too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the BAZIC 8" Double Deck Organizer Box which I bought at an office supply store years ago. I haven't seen the locally recently but you can find it online (usually in bulk):

You can buy singletons here:
Amazon.com: BAZIC 8" Double Deck Organizer Box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.