Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jamieson
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood most of the game, but wonder if I missed how you use the captains hands.

1) When paying for a license do you use efficient money strategy? Save the 1s and 3s to make change easier?
2) Do you choose card from the hand for the captains of the launched boat?
3) Do you pick the card from 2 in the draw phase with license bonuses for the captains?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
drpaj wrote:
I understood most of the game, but wonder if I missed how you use the captains hands.

1) When paying for a license do you use efficient money strategy? Save the 1s and 3s to make change easier?
2) Do you choose card from the hand for the captains of the launched boat?
3) Do you pick the card from 2 in the draw phase with license bonuses for the captains?

I haven't played yet but my understanding is

1) They have no hand - they just get the boat for free if it matches the value the captain is looking for.
2) Since they have no hand, they don't play anything. Their boats are not captained. As the rules state, you can just stack up all the launched boats into one pile. At the end of the game, they score for each of these launched boats and an additional 4 VP (or whatever it may be depending on the boat) as if it were full of fish.
3) They don't draw cards because, you guessed it, they don't have hands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burns
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally there is no change given when a player spends money from hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kirioni wrote:
Additionally there is no change given when a player spends money from hand.

True, I glossed over that as I was focused only on the Captain's action. No change is ever given in this game. If you overpay, your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.