Alvaro Diaz-Arce
Spain
Sopela
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

We have just started a Vanilla Fascist Tide game. We're still struggling through the rules and almost every impulse we have to check the rulebook to be sure we're doing it OK.

The US started with 2 chits on Ge/It entry pool. Got one more when Germany DOW Poland and one less when Fr/CW declared war on Germany. Nothing unusual so far, I presume.
Poland didn't hold well despite rain and storms and by the third Axis impulse there were no Polish units around. So I was forced to enter Eastern Poland, which resulted in a US entry chit being removed.

Now, Germans are gathering near Yugoslavia and I fear for my Bessarabia border rectification. If I claim it and Germany refuses, forcing the DoW, will it mean US can never entry war? (Unless he rolls 9-10)

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
See this in 13.3.3:

WIF rules wrote:
If the US can’t take a marker from an entry marker pool when required, it can never declare war on that pool’s major power(s).

So going from one chit to zero is OK which I believe is the case in your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Diaz-Arce
Spain
Sopela
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The URSS DoW on Rumania is (-18)

If I'm not mistaken, the US player has to roll for the remaining -8, no?

I expected some kind of 'free DoW'. After all, it is Rumania to blame for the war not USSR!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
Kucarain wrote:
The URSS DoW on Rumania is (-18)

If I'm not mistaken, the US player has to roll for the remaining -8, no?

I expected some kind of 'free DoW'. After all, it is Rumania to blame for the war not USSR!!!

Ah yes, right - I wasn't looking at the chart. In that case, if the USSR demands Bessarabia and Germany rejects it, there's an 80% chance the US won't be able to declare war on Germany or Italy for this game.

Tell the Soviets to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Diaz-Arce
Spain
Sopela
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am the USSR/France. Will hold Timoshenko.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. Actually I was thinking of writing an AAR. But the Axis seem to be very innovative in their strategy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Morrell
Australia
flag msg tools
All the more reason to write an AAR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Diaz-Arce
Spain
Sopela
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By innovative I meant what seems to me unwise.

Italy DOW Greece in S/O '39 (Balbo and a couple corps still there by M/J '40). Greeks got one Partisan by J/F '40.

Germany started Fall Gelb J/F '40 with terrible weather and boosting French production by +0.50 since that turn. 12 BP each turn for the joy of Gamelin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.