Hide
6 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some confusion about team building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Weiss
msg tools
If I am reading it correctly, for both the basic game and tournament rules, players each bring two basic action cards to the table. In the basic game, both players can buy (and use) dice of any of the four basic action cards, but in tournament rules, a player can only buy and use dice of the two basic action cards he/she decides to bring.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Manuel García García
Spain
Madrid
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I THINK (important verb) that even though both players bring 2 basic cards each, they form a common 4 basic cards pool from wich both players can take dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Weiss
msg tools
Perhaps I am reading it incorrectly, I was basic my assumption on the fact that the rulebook makes no mention of what happens when both players bring the same basic action card in the tournament rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason to think that they would be treated differently from the way they are treated in the basic team rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Trisdan wrote:
Perhaps I am reading it incorrectly, I was basic my assumption on the fact that the rulebook makes no mention of what happens when both players bring the same basic action card in the tournament rules.

I believe you are meant to assume it functions the same as in the Basic team building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W

Champaign
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
Trisdan wrote:

I believe you are meant to assume it functions the same as in the Basic team building.

You just have twice as many dice available for that one basic action essentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.