Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the runner deck I'm thinking of taking to Store Championships. It's.. good. It's done fairly well for me, but I feel like it's not quite truly competitive yet. Any ideas you guys have on bringing it up a notch would really help me out.

Thanks.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (7)
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Inside Job (Core) x2 ■■■
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x2

Hardware: (6)
Deep Red (Mala Tempora) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) x2 ■■

Program: (21)
Corroder (Core) x2
Rook (Opening Moves) x3
Knight (Mala Tempora) x3
Pawn (Opening Moves) x3
Yog.0 (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x3
Parasite (Core) x3

Resource: (11)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x2 ■■
Ice Carver (Core) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 44
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 4

I've thought about bringing in 3x Infiltration and making this a 48-card deck, as I think I'd almost always be happy to draw that card. But, as it stands, they're not here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to offend, but ...where is the tax part? You have 2 ice carvers, a couple of parasites, and reina's ability. You should think of things like crescentus, Shutdown, parasite recursion, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get Xanadu and a Rook out early these are brutal to a money strapped corp. The first ICE you encounter is +4 credits, and anything after that is +3 credits so they are really careful what they actually rez.

The unfortunate thing is, if you get draw them later in the game and most ICE is rezzed they are dead cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may give this a shot. I'm trying out a similar deck +Keyhole -Parasite/Datasuckers that relies on Bishops on bigger ICE. The E3s are a nice choice for Knight, I'll have to try those out too. Do you find that you have enough economy? I run with a tad more and still find myself lacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From facing Reina a lot lately, the main thing I've noticed is that she needs something to pressure the corp into actually rezzing the ice. Best bets for this are going to be Medium and nerve agent. You don't want to rez that wall of static for 7? Fine, let me drop a medium. Oh you want to rez it now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Not to offend, but ...where is the tax part? You have 2 ice carvers, a couple of parasites, and reina's ability. You should think of things like crescentus, Shutdown, parasite recursion, etc.

No offense taken. The tax part lies in Rook, Xanadu, and Reina's ID ability. Once you rez that crazy expensive ice (Max of 4 above cost), I'll parasite it, run again and use sucker tokens to bring it down.

Christkid5 wrote:
From facing Reina a lot lately, the main thing I've noticed is that she needs something to pressure the corp into actually rezzing the ice. Best bets for this are going to be Medium and nerve agent. You don't want to rez that wall of static for 7? Fine, let me drop a medium. Oh you want to rez it now?

I did think about this, but memory is an issue. Deep Red only hosts my Caissas, and I don't want to have to bring in more cards to build the workable rig. My pressure for the corp to rez comes from me running all over the place early with no programs installed. An early rook and a sucker is the most I'll install before getting a real good idea of what's out there.

Econ comes from Kati mostly. Dirty Laundry is a nice boost when I know I can get in, or a free run on archives for a sucker token and creds. Daily casts is amazing in pairs, even better when I can find all three.

That's the thing with this deck is that there's absolutely no tutoring, so when I REALLY need a piece of the puzzle, I have to draw for it. Am I trying to do too much all at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
IMO you're indeed trying too much. I think Reina's best when denying the corp money, so account syphon, emergency shutdown, clone chip and déjà vue for para recursion, ... are the things I'd add, getting rid of the regular breakers, ice carver and basically everything you spend influence on.

As said, you probably need medium or keyhole to exploit an undefended R&D. And as you don't have tutors, decide what your keyparts (deep red) are, and include them 3x.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I find the Id works best with things that ecorage rezzing: keyhole, account syphon, makers eye, even dirty laundry provided you can afford not getting the credits. Medium and Nerve agent also work with this if you have the extra memory for them. The goal is to give the corp two loosing options. Forged activation orders however can not be overlooked. Both of its outcomes are beneficial for you. You either force the corp to overpay without running, or trash the Ice outright. FAO also gives you a handy parasite target if you're running them. Remove enough ICE from play and they'll really have to ask themselves if trashing that chess piece host ICE is worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Influence might be too high, but splashing Forged Activation and Emergency Shutdown perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
TheMadjai wrote:
I did think about this, but memory is an issue. Deep Red only hosts my Caissas, and I don't want to have to bring in more cards to build the workable rig.

That's why Parasite recursion is so strong, because trashing ICEs makes you need less breakers, and that makes you need less MU.

I have been playing Reina Roja + Account Siphon + Parasite since she was released, and while I do play Corroder + Mimic + Yog.0 (and no Console and no Djinn at all), I never had to install all the three at the same time, because I always trash the right pieces of ICE in order to keep my rig as small as possible.

Most of the time my rig is Knight + Parasite + Medium + Datasucker/Corroder/Medium/Yog.0. Seriously, if you need more MU even with Deep Red installed, you're doing something terribly wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Rosin
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
I've been running deck along the same lines.

The Queen's Tax (45 cards)

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (15)
2 Deja Vu
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
2 Deep Red
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (7)
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
2 Xanadu

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder
3 Knight
2 Mimic
1 Yog.0

Program (11)
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
2 Parasite
2 Pawn
3 Rook

Ideally, I make the ICE expensive to rez, force the corp to rez ICE and then run on servers with limited money. Parasite/Datasuckers to trash ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raithnor wrote:
I've been running deck along the same lines.

The Queen's Tax (45 cards)

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (15)
2 Deja Vu
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
2 Deep Red
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (7)
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
2 Xanadu

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder
3 Knight
2 Mimic
1 Yog.0

Program (11)
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
2 Parasite
2 Pawn
3 Rook

Ideally, I make the ICE expensive to rez, force the corp to rez ICE and then run on servers with limited money. Parasite/Datasuckers to trash ice.

That's pretty much the same deck. I subbed out Diesel for Professional Contacts as I think it does more for what I want, plus it's drip econ. how do you find this deck works competitively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Rosin
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
It's something of a work in progress. The most competitive deck I've played against was a NBN Fast Advance. I made some mistakes and he was able to run away with it. At the same time I played a friend with his WIP GRNDL deck and I was able to win 7-4, nomally against his decks I don't do that well.

I might consider reworking Diesel into Professional Contacts though. As the deck currently needs both card draw and economy. When I first put this deck together I was running Account Siphon so I was avoiding being overly reliant on resources.

Overall though, running this deck forces the corp to be a lot more careful with their money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Ifs and buts... you need some draw, you need some Runner ambush, you need to punish all these awful FA decks you're going to encounter.

I can see this winning against intermediate players, but not against those in the top bracket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Rosin
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Runner Ambush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Henry
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I've tried running the Reina Ice Tax of my own variety. It felt too slow spending time moving rooks around and that sort of thing. I also feel like even 1-2 as an additional ice tax (her ability + xanadu) is still enough to pressure the corp on its own.

I ended up with the following. Still working it out. Sneakdoor is kind of an oddball and I threw it in for fun but seeing as people will ice up Archives because of datasucker it might be useless. On the other hand I feel like if it forces them to ice up more, you make them spend more and spread thin.

The deck:

Identity:
Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Total Cards: (46)
Event (14)
Vamp (Trace Amount #21) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Diesel (Core #34) x3 ■■
Deja Vu (Core #2) x2
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x3

Hardware (6)
Grimoire (Core #6) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x3
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount #28) x1

Program (18)
Medium (Core #10) x2
Datasucker (Core #8) x3
Corroder (Core #7) x2
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead #7) x2 ■■
Sneakdoor Beta (Core #28) x1 ■■■
Mimic (Core #11) x2
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Knight (Mala Tempora #43) x2
Parasite (Core #12) x3

Resource (8)
Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow #82) x2
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow #91) x3
Armitage Codebusting (Core #53) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 43
Criminal: 3
Shaper: 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:
Ifs and buts... you need some draw, you need some Runner ambush, you need to punish all these awful FA decks you're going to encounter.

I can see this winning against intermediate players, but not against those in the top bracket.

Yeah, I don't know what runner ambush is either. I would love to be able to punish FA decks- ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
TheMadjai wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what runner ambush is either. I would love to be able to punish FA decks- ideas?

Nerve Agent, as FA decks usually keep the agenda in HQ until the Biotic Labor/SanSan; and Imp, to trash the Biotic Labor and the SanSan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: Removed Ice Carver for 2x Keyhole. Added 1 more Dirty Laundry for a 46 card deck.

Won three of four games at the store championship with this deck. Only loss came due to EXTREME pilot error: Ran on R&D third click with two cards in hand. Of course it was a snare. Really boneheaded play. Ended up 6-2 overall, good enough for 6th place of 22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forged Activation Orders comes to mind. I'm also curious about why you're only running 2 Xanadu, and not 3. (I mean, I understand, because it's unique, but I think I'd want 3 to guarantee I get it early enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.