Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
How are you storing your Soviet counters?

The German forces are pretty easy to deal with in terms of army groups, reinforcements, etc.

The Russians are a bit trickier so I'm trying to put together a way to make it easy to find the pieces I'll need to setup and take down scenarios quickly.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I Bagged mine. I put enough 1-4 for Barbarossa setup in one bag, then all the at start units for Barbarossa in a separate bag EDIT(I also bag by Military district id into baggies then consolidate).
Then Turns 1-6.
After that I sort by type. Guard/Tank/Inf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks Kev.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use counter trays for reinforcements with Russian and Germans mixed together and sorted by turn, i.e. on turn 2 I empty the turn 2 tray and split the German and Russian units for the turn.

They take two trays, though I've not lasted long enough in the campaign to even reach the second tray yet. The last couple of turns are mixed together because 2x16 wasn't quite enough and they're pretty sparse by then.

The starting units are stored in a tray too but they could easily be bagged instead. I split the Russian MD units when putting the game away. The other starting units (towns, hexes, reserve) are put together and split during setup because there are too many to sensibly store split - yes, I still use the historic positions per unit for reasons I can't really identify.

The game tokens (OOS/IS, Control, unused action chits, etc) and some future ones I've not touched yet like the Soviet foreign units occupy a 4th tray, though again they could easily be bagged.

The German starting units are in the same tray as the Russian starting units, split by N/C/S/R and depots.

The box lid doesn't quite close with 4 trays (Chessex) but it's close enough to avoid having to think about a mixed bag and tray solution. During play, only the game token tray is open regularly and the reinforcement tray is opened at the start of each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
medlinke wrote:
Perfect. Thanks Kev.

By the way I have a little spreadsheet of the unit types per hex so you dont need to locate the names on the backs of units if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd love that! Shoot me a geekmail, and I'll give you an e-mail address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
done. Wont be able to get it to you until after Spring Break as it is on my PC not google drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No worries at all. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.