Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's early but I'd like to start a thread to collect all the links/documents that come out to help new players learn the game as well as answer questions with any FAQ that arise.

Update: The offical Myth website is now online (http://megacongames.com/games/myth/) and here are some useful documents:

Hero Tracking sheet
Hero Deck Reference
Myth Narrative
Myth Setup
Myth Starting Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody in the Kickstarter comments had posted a nice flow chart displaying how the cycle phases work and relate to one another. That would be cool to share if I could find it again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the double post, but I found the flowchart.

Granite26 posted them on Lands of Myth.

Here is his post:
http://www.landsofmyth.com/Forum/index.php?topic=635.0

And here is a direct link to his flowcharts:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B780o9WFeDqkQUVBdHVa...

It looks like he only covers the Cycle Phase. It would be nice to include the Hero Deck and Refresh Phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish someone would correct the typos in that hero guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zpeteman wrote:
I wish someone would correct the typos in that hero guide.
They're going to. When they released it, they specifically said that it hasn't been edited yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MERCS stated in the KS comments that www.mythboardgame.com will transfer from the pledge manager to the main Myth webpage soon.

And by soon I hope they mean sometime this week, since backers will be receiving the game this week.

On the website MERCS is going to post all kinds of helpful material for enjoying Myth to it's fullest. I want them to release an updated rulebook or better yet a reference book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
MERCS stated in the KS comments that www.mythboardgame.com will transfer from the pledge manager to the main Myth webpage soon.

And by soon I hope they mean sometime this week, since backers will be receiving the game this week.

On the website MERCS is going to post all kinds of helpful material for enjoying Myth to it's fullest. I want them to release an updated rulebook or better yet a reference book.

I really hope they condense all this new material for the next kickstarter. I don't want to have to print a 100 pages of stuff. I'd like it done by the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed,.. I'd like to see them update the files, and ship out hard copies with the expansion KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
Agreed,.. I'd like to see them update the files, and ship out hard copies with the expansion KS

Why wait for the next KS? They could throw them in with wave 2 for the US and the full packages for international backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Why wait for the next KS? They could throw them in with wave 2 for the US and the full packages for international backers.

Good point. Someone should start a poll and pass it on to the mercs team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you should read the thread i made about the changes i did in the FR version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Unless they delay wave 2, there is no way they can make changes to the rules, have them printed (in China), shipped out to them, and included for April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Unless they delay wave 2, there is no way they can make changes to the rules, have them printed (in China), shipped out to them, and included for April.

Wave 2 isn't coming in April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Wave 2 isn't coming in April.

Well, thus far it's still the expected ship date, but OK, I'll accept your premise of a delay on wave 2, but even if it were delayed to June, there's still no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt there is time and that is why I propose an updated manual with new scenario/setup guide and faq for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You should be realistic with your expectation, they won't print a 64 pages manual again, maybe a few sheet with an errata/clarification but nothing is sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
You should be realistic with your expectation, they won't print a 64 pages manual again, maybe a few sheet with an errata/clarification but nothing is sure.

A consolidated rule book with an expansion is realistic. Especially with a game as dense and open as myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah for the next KS maybe, i thought you were talking about the 2nd wave sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

I was under the impression that the International games are already on the Ocean....

"This represents one-quarter of the total game order. The second container comes sometime Monday. We are going to work this weekend and get a feel for the orders and how many we can do in a day. By the time next week gets going, we want to be sending out 300-500 a day.

The last two containers are on the ocean."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

I was under the impression that the International games are already on the Ocean....

"This represents one-quarter of the total game order. The second container comes sometime Monday. We are going to work this weekend and get a feel for the orders and how many we can do in a day. By the time next week gets going, we want to be sending out 300-500 a day.

The last two containers are on the ocean."

I was talking about MERCS throwing the hard copies in the with the boxes after they arrived at the warehouse.

And I obviously have no clue what the costs would be. Probably ridiculous though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

I was talking about MERCS throwing the hard copies in the with the boxes after they arrived at the warehouse.

And I obviously have no clue what the costs would be. Probably ridiculous though.

That would require them breaking the shrink wrap and adding the supplemental material (which would have to be printed up somewhere near by at short notice) and then re-shrink wrapping everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fade2Gray wrote:
Sir Wilhelm wrote:

That would require them breaking the shrink wrap and adding the supplemental material (which would have to be printed up somewhere near by at short notice) and then re-shrink wrapping everything.

By box I meant packing box, not game box. They could put it on top just like they did with the KS Story Quests. As for how long it would take to print up and for how much... no idea. Being uninformed about a subject has never stopped me from talking about it before shake

As for short notice, I would surprised if the 2nd wave/international orders left their warehouse before the middle of April.

I know there is practically zero chance of it happening due to financial, logistical, and ethical reasons. I can still dream though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra pages of printed errata/FAQ is fine for now. A consolidated option would be nice but is by no means required or even expected in my case. I've been playing MERCS for a long time now with printed FAQ stuff and it works just fine. Its a stopgap until you memorize the changes anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Extra pages of printed errata/FAQ is fine for now. A consolidated option would be nice but is by no means required or even expected in my case. I've been playing MERCS for a long time now with printed FAQ stuff and it works just fine. Its a stopgap until you memorize the changes anyway.

I disagree, with a game this new and open ended it is almost mandatory. There are too many what if variables. With a new kickstarter right around the corner it's not too much to ask/expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

I disagree, with a game this new and open ended it is almost mandatory. There are too many what if variables. With a new kickstarter right around the corner it's not too much to ask/expect.

Not really. The next campaign is not scheduled until August at the earliest. Expecting a similar time frame, that would have it shipping in May/June 2015. You're still playing for over a year with errata/FAQ stuff and plenty of time to memorize it. Would it be nice? Sure. Is it "mandatory". Not at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.