Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Snowdonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Q: Event cube timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Quick question:

1. When I draw a 4th, 7th, or 10th cube, do I IMMEDIATELY place the on track cubes back in the bag, or do I wait until I have completed the entire reseeding process for that round?

Thanks,
Ricky
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Draw all cubes THEN process any Events...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent--Thanks!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
Draw all cubes THEN process any Events...

Blimey, looks like we've been playing it wrong all this time. Thanks Mr B!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo game, what would you do if there were less than six cubes left in the bag in that case?

Would you put the three event cubes back in the bag and keep drawing to six or just draw as many as possible for that round and stop, even if there were less than six?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
barnetto wrote:
In the solo game, what would you do if there were less than six cubes left in the bag in that case?

Would you put the three event cubes back in the bag and keep drawing to six or just draw as many as possible for that round and stop, even if there were less than six?


draw as many as you can then stop. process then put white cubes back in the bag, if necessary...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
barnetto wrote:
In the solo game, what would you do if there were less than six cubes left in the bag in that case?

Would you put the three event cubes back in the bag and keep drawing to six or just draw as many as possible for that round and stop, even if there were less than six?


draw as many as you can then stop. process then put white cubes back in the bag, if necessary...


And not draw any more cubes? If you run out of cubes when drawing, then those are all of the cubes that will be processed that round? I think this is what was implied by your answer, but it was not stated explicitly.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
tonyboydell wrote:
barnetto wrote:
In the solo game, what would you do if there were less than six cubes left in the bag in that case?

Would you put the three event cubes back in the bag and keep drawing to six or just draw as many as possible for that round and stop, even if there were less than six?


draw as many as you can then stop. process then put white cubes back in the bag, if necessary...


And not draw any more cubes? If you run out of cubes when drawing, then those are all of the cubes that will be processed that round? I think this is what was implied by your answer, but it was not stated explicitly.

Thanks!


If there's fewer than 6 cubes left in the bag then the game is gonna end pretty darn soon #whitecubeapocalypse
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks! Might buy me an extra round...

This, and not realising I should start with the train ready to use in the solo game, might up my score to more respectable levels from my current best of 150 odd! In fact, maybe over 150 is not at all bad when not starting with the damn train...!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe - 203 on my renewed attempt with Train 3 playing with the correct rules. Though I suspect that Train 3 maybe just about the best train for the solo game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.