Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Priority Requisition to Rez Archer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Homchuck
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
PR says "you may rez a piece of ice ingorning all costs" Does this ability cover the additional cost to rez ARcher by forfeiting an agenda? OR does the Corp still have to forfeit and agenda as well?

"IRERESS"
Am I missing something here? What good are subroutines per bad publicity on Corp when all each one does is have the runner spend one credit for each subroutine. Basicaly the coorps bad publlicity gives the runner the money he or she needs to pay the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
1) Yes, you can rez Archer ignoring all costs, including the agenda.

2) Ireress is a bad-publicity sink. It simply prevents the Runner from using Bad Publicity by adding a breaking cost equal to the benefit of such BP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) ALL includes additional. Same with Oversight AI

2) Sure, but what if you stack them? Is it a great ice? nah, but it is a good way to float BP without it hurting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ireress is funny: I-R-S, because it taxes the runner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. If the runner uses BP money on Ireress, he will have to use real money on other pieces of ice. Simplest example: 2x Ireress on the same server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Li
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still trying to understand the Blackguard/Archer ruling, and I'm hoping that understanding how Priority Req/Oversight AI and Archer interact will help. I apologize if I'm a bit obtuse today.

Priority Req and Oversight AI say "all costs".
Blackguard says "rez cost".

If I understand this, "Rez cost" = credits, number in the top left.

Also, "all costs" = "Rez cost" + "additional costs".

Do I have it right? Thanks in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
808duckfan wrote:

Yes, except that it also includes any modifiers in effect. For example, Rook says "The rez cost of each piece of ice protecting this server is increased by 2."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
808duckfan wrote:
I'm still trying to understand the Blackguard/Archer ruling, and I'm hoping that understanding how Priority Req/Oversight AI and Archer interact will help. I apologize if I'm a bit obtuse today.

The Blackguard/Archer ruling is based on the fact that you can decline to pay Additional Costs. Precedent was established with Fetal AI - The Runner can choose not to pay the 2C, even if they have it to hand, and not steal the Agenda as a result. Thus, the Corp can choose not to forfeit an Agenda, and therefore not Rez Archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trithne wrote:
808duckfan wrote:

The Blackguard/Archer ruling is based on the fact that you can decline to pay Additional Costs. Precedent was established with Fetal AI - The Runner can choose not to pay the 2C, even if they have it to hand, and not steal the Agenda as a result. Thus, the Corp can choose not to forfeit an Agenda, and therefore not Rez Archer.

Actually the blackguard/archer ruling has nothing to do with this at all. It is because Blackguard specifically refers to the rez cost of the card, since he cannot rez archer by paying it's rez cost alone, he cannot rez it. If he had an agenda, and actually did want to rez archer because of blackguard, he would not be allowed to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Trithne wrote:
808duckfan wrote:

Actually the blackguard/archer ruling has nothing to do with this at all. It is because Blackguard specifically refers to the rez cost of the card, since he cannot rez archer by paying it's rez cost alone, he cannot rez it. If he had an agenda, and actually did want to rez archer because of blackguard, he would not be allowed to do so.

Wrong.

Lukas wrote:
The Corporation does not have to rez the Archer because he or she can decline to pay the additional cost of forfeiting an agenda.

Emphasis added. The Corp player therefore CAN choose to forfeit and rez also. Once they've paid the additional cost, they MUST rez due to Blackguard.

Multiple edits for formatting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.