Subject: defending a city without units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zaharia Cristian
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Hello people!
I have a question... I defended my capital with 3 units... i hadn't more...my opponent atacked me... I calculated a combat bonus of 10 for me...then i lost all my units... my opponent remained with one unit... In this case, did he conquered my capital? because I hadn'd had units, or i won that battle because my strenght was bigger than his (I remained with 10 combat bonus because I defended my city, and he had 4, from that unit)?
Best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mks
Poland
Loguivy
Côtes d'Armor, Bretagne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you won. the combat bonuses (in this case only the one coming from the capital) counts into the total of the after battle math, even if there are no units left. you couls even participate in the battle without any units right from the start and if your opponent doesn't manage to outbeat you, you still win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim E.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you win the battle. It's unlogical, but that's the game.

Actually, the bonus of barracks and co. should take effect while the units are fighting (like promotions in the pc game), not after the combat. I guess the designers just didn't find a way to do that. Would be interesting to think about another way representing expierience/combat bonus though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaharia Cristian
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
You're great!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can think that your innate population has enough training to defend the city, or that the attackers are unable to siege the cities through its defenses. Either way, cities need a high defense in the game so that you can't just wipe them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.