United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
I created my own Excel log to track various information about each of my game plays. One column is for the name of the deck I used. I want to link this to another location where I have the complete decklist for each of these decks. I'm under the impression that Card Game DB could be useful for this, but I don't see a tutorial or help topics that answer some questions I have. I also have questions on how it is typically used. Can someone here help?

Mainly, I just want to select cards and save the deck with a unique name. This seems straightforward. Are these saved decks private? What is the difference between saving a deck and submitting a deck? Is there a limit on the number of saved decks? Ideally, I could keep a history of every deck I've tried. Is this impractical? For example, if I change just a few cards and try a lot of decks this way, I could accumulate saved decks very quickly.

How do you typically use Card Game DB? For example, perhaps you have saved decks with different themes or for different cycles/adventures or for different play options (solo one handed vs. solo two handed) or whatever; in these cases, do you simply update the deck as you tweak it, or do you save it as a separate deck? In short, if I insist on keeping a full history, am I better off using something of my own creation - in Excel, for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use it a lot now. As the card pool grows i find it easy to rough draft a deck their and then tweak it as I play with the real cards. I also like that I can save the deck as a text file and then post it to forums easily.

In terms of your questions.

1. Saved decks are private

2. Submitting a deck means it will be viewable to other players at the LotR Portal, which is part of the same site.

3. As far as I know there is no limit to decks save, but not really sure. I have 32 decks on it.

4.You could keep a history, and sometimes I do if I am going to update a deck from a long time ago. But when I am working on a new deck I just update the deck rather than create a new deck for each small change, unless it is a major change. There is an update function that allows this, it is a pencil icon next to the save deck and submit icon.

5. I use it for all the various reasons you mentioned.

Should you use it? That's up to you, if your tech savvy and can create something better and more efficient for your tastes go ahead, and post it as a file so others can check it out. Otherwise i think CardGameDB is great, and has made the game much more enjoyable for me, since I can keep track of some of the decks I have made. I recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.