Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaap MR
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"A special case occurs when a Gun or Vehicle attempts to Op Fire or Final Op Fire. If the firing Vehicle attempts to turn within its hex in order to fire and it fails its Prof Check, then it is returned to its previous placement within the hex (it is not allowed to turn to face the target)."

Can someone give an example when this can occur in regards to Op Fire? Aren't you only allowed to Op Fire at vehicles/guns/infantry if they are within the firing arc of the vehicle/gun? Or does the Final Op rule: "only infantry need to be in the firing arc", also apply to regular Op Fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry can sneak around armor - vehicles can't. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JaapMR wrote:
Can someone give an example when this can occur in regards to Op Fire?

Easily. My tank pops out from behind a building on the flank of your tank and I may be about to fire. You try to Op Fire but fail the Prof Check and I can therefore fire at your flank. If you passed the Prof Check you could have pivoted and presented your front armor to me irrespective of the subsequent results of your shot.

JaapMR wrote:
Aren't you only allowed to Op Fire at vehicles/guns/infantry if they are within the firing arc of the vehicle/gun? Or does the Final Op rule: "only infantry need to be in the firing arc", also apply to regular Op Fire?

The rule about not pivoting if you fail the Prof Check applies to all kinds of Op Fire. The rule about not being able to use Final Op Fire against infantry to your flank/rear ONLY applies to Final Op Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap MR
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! Thanks for the extensive reply beresford, it really helps. So if I want to use Final Op fire against an enemy vehicle which is right behind me, I should:

Check proficiency:
Proficiency rating
-2 Op Fire
-1 Final Op Fire
-1 Firing after turning in hex
(no distance/smoke/elevation modifiers)

If I pass, I can turn 180, shoot and maintain my new position.
If I fail, I don't turn, I can't shoot and my enemy can attack me from behind.

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JaapMR wrote:
Got it! Thanks for the extensive reply beresford, it really helps. So if I want to use Final Op fire against an enemy vehicle which is right behind me, I should:

Check proficiency:
Proficiency rating
-2 Op Fire
-1 Final Op Fire
-1 Firing after turning in hex
(no distance/smoke/elevation modifiers)

If I pass, I can turn 180, shoot and maintain my new position.
If I fail, I don't turn, I can't shoot and my enemy can attack me from behind.

Correct?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Savaresse
France
flag msg tools
"Infantry can sneak around armor - vehicles can't. "

Around USED armor only... Only Final OP condition is different against vehicles OR infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very surprised that the mechanism of pivoting before Op Fire is buried in an exception. Unless I'm wrong. Is there somewhere else this is mentioned? Is it in a FAQ somewhere I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.