Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paizo has made PDF card templates for PACG available for download on their website. Get 'em while their hot.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9512?Community-Use-Package-Pat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, they'd be totally awesome if I didn't have to edit every single one to remove the account watermark that Paizo insists putting on everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I will check them out on the computer, but as I'm interested in making some GIMP layered templates anyways, it might not be much more tedious work to do that...at least (from what I've seen) these images are pretty clean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
Yep, they'd be totally awesome if I didn't have to edit every single one to remove the account watermark that Paizo insists putting on everything.
Why? It's fairly innocuous and fair attribution, let alone a fair expression of Copyright. But I guess we're about to get into one of those arguments. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Gulbis
Austria
Schneegattern
Oberoesterreich
flag msg tools
I'm sorry but the quality of these is sloppy. Misaligned boxes, watermarks all over the place, colors of elements not at all consistent with the original cards.

I don't mean to sound pompous but to be quite honest my templates are much more professional and much more configurable.

Since I can't edit these to clean them up without breaking "community use" rules, I guess my templates are dead but I will still continue using them for myself.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1120207/petes-pathfinder-acg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
firedale2002 wrote:
Why? It's fairly innocuous and fair attribution, let alone a fair expression of Copyright. But I guess we're about to get into one of those arguments. shake
Just as I posted there:
Firedale2002 wrote:
I'm fine with watermarking.

I'm not fine with watermarking that shares my personal information if I should so desire to share it while following the community use policy.

Nor am I fine with watermarking that actually requires us to manually edit to remove and move said watermarking, not only in order to remove it from the actual usable-part of the item, but also in order to actually keep in line with the community use policy so it's not OVER the text that said community use policy requires to be in a "plainly legible and accessible form."

So, I think (read: hope) this was a bit of an accidental error on the part of the editor that created the template PDF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they licensed for personal use anyway? Unless your planning on selling your cards, don't the people you play with already know your name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that "account info" line is quite annoying...I pulled the PDF into GIMP to make some layered templates and while it will be possible to strip out it will be a pain as it touches multiple sections and the types of cards (Villain, adventure, etc.). It doesn't even display entirely, depending on the length of your account info. It even mucks up the Paizo "fan use" info at the bottom - granted not very much but still...It looks sloppy and I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

I don't think people are wanting to sell the cards...and it's not just for people to use with their friends at home - but I can imagine people wanting to share custom cards here or via any other electronic means. That's what I want to do and while I'm totally fine with having some "fan material copyright notice" I'd prefer to not paste my name and email address on every single card I share with others. I guess it will be OK in the long run...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like DP said on the other forum, I'm hoping its a bit of an oversight. I find two problem with it.

1. The info is incomplete. My whole name and email address don't fit on the card. So it looks bad even if I wanted that info there.
2. It goes over top of the "nice" part of the card.

From the way I read the Community Use Policy, you have licence to share what you create as long as you attribute the community use policy and don't charge for access to it, among other things.

If they want to be able to track where something came from, I'm fine with them doing something like putting my Paizo forum name and/or a serial number or something that ties to my account in the black border. But I'd rather not have my email address and real name writ large for all the world to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
Like DP said on the other forum, I'm hoping its a bit of an oversight. I find two problem with it.

1. The info is incomplete. My whole name and email address don't fit on the card. So it looks bad even if I wanted that info there.
2. It goes over top of the "nice" part of the card.

From the way I read the Community Use Policy, you have licence to share what you create as long as you attribute the community use policy and don't charge for access to it, among other things.

If they want to be able to track where something came from, I'm fine with them doing something like putting my Paizo forum name and/or a serial number or something that ties to my account in the black border. But I'd rather not have my email address and real name writ large for all the world to see.
Despite my strong support for Copyright and asserted rights, I have to say that I agree very much with this issue. It's a privacy issue - does the "Community Use Policy" state that it gives Paizo rights to distribute your PII? I'd be surprised. I suspect that they even state in their normal Privacy Policy that they don't do such a thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to worry folks. It was a mistake to watermark them at all. Paizo is getting it corrected.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qosq?An-important-note-about-cr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
Not to worry folks. It was a mistake to watermark them at all. Paizo is getting it corrected.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qosq?An-important-note-about-cr...

It's totally unintentional. When we proofed the templates, we weren't running them through the PDF generator, just looking at them onscreen. So we didn't notice the watermarks until folks downloaded them. Your patience is appreciated while this gets addressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet! and no worries!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampirnata wrote:
I'm sorry but the quality of these is sloppy. Misaligned boxes, watermarks all over the place, colors of elements not at all consistent with the original cards.

We would be happy to hear what you think should change, if you can be more specific than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Gulbis
Austria
Schneegattern
Oberoesterreich
flag msg tools
mike selinker wrote:
Vampirnata wrote:

We would be happy to hear what you think should change, if you can be more specific than that.

It was mostly the watermarks but I hear those will be removed. Thank you for the release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paizo has removed the watermark. Though there is a chance that if you downloaded it before you might still get a watermark for the next 24 hours. I downloaded it a second time and there was no longer a watermark for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
Vampirnata wrote:

Other than the watermark, the only things I really noticed was when I had my PDF view in "page" view and went scrolling down a page at a time...there are very minor artifacts like this (and maybe what Vampirnata is talking about):

There is a gap between the "type" box and the border on the single Check-to-defeat henchman, and not there on the double check-to-complete. Others would be those boxes jump around slightly when you look at each image.

This stuff is soooooo minor to me it's not worth redoing IMO, and I'm just super happy to have these awesome blanks from you guys...I started brainstorming some card ideas a few weeks ago and I was trying to work with some low-res scans of the cards and cutting out parts, etc., but this PDF is waaaaay more awesomer-er!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
I'm just super happy to have these awesome blanks from you guys...I started brainstorming some card ideas a few weeks ago and I was trying to work with some low-res scans of the cards and cutting out parts, etc., but this PDF is waaaaay more awesomer-er!

What I've discovered about Paizo over the last decade is this: They listen to every good idea, and they eventually make all of them happen. They often have good ideas stacked up like planes over O'Hare, but they all land in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zero K0ol
msg tools
Thanks for removing the water marks, now I just have to find a way to use these

Thinking blank card stock to print on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought an extra character add-on to use as proxy cards... I have mine sleeved so all I really need to do is print onto paper and slip in the sleeves, but if I didn't sleeve them I would just use a sharpie to mark what is what on the extra cards and have the custom print-outs nearby.

I have done this with a couple custom cards posted here..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.