Brian
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I clearly did not go to Essen in 2013 (or ever, for that matter...)

There has been time to digest and play these games since Essen, so I am hoping for recommendations for which one (or more) of the following games I would like:

Bruxelles 1893
Russian Railroads
Concordia
Madeira

What I am looking for:

* MUST play well with 2 players - I mostly play with just my wife
* Variability - I like games with random setups (Bruxelles 5 interchangeable, double sided boards, for example)
* Player interaction is a plus, but not mandatory
* No longer than 2 hours (for 2 players)
* Multiple paths to victory/scoring points

Games we love:

* Feld - Bora Bora, Castles of Burgandy, Bruges, Macao
* Goa
* Troyes
* Tzolkin
* Village
* Brass
* Caverna

Games we'd rather never play again:

* Euphoria
* Hegemonic

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rlolar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I technically own all 4, although my copy of Bruxelles 1893 is held hostage by a pre-order.

Of the other three, I'm pretty sure Madeira is what you want. RR has barely any variation at all. It's all up to the players to try and forge a different path. And the only interaction is taking action spaces that the other person might want. I don't recommend Concordia with 2. It works better with at least 3 to force players to spread, and to increase prices on shared spaces, have more options for what to Diplo, and have more opportunities to try to get other people to produce in regions where you are (if those things don't mean anything to you yet, suffice it to say that it's much more interesting with more than 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norberto Leiva
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I own Bruxelles 1893. Played about 8 times just with my partner:

* MUST play well with 2 players - I mostly play with just my wife: Yup!. We enjoy a lot Bruxelles. Haven´t played it with more, but it works very good with 2 in my book.

* Variability - I like games with random setups (Bruxelles 5 interchangeable, double sided boards, for example): Right, to be honest game doesn´t change a lot, but anyway, modular board is welcome.

* Player interaction is a plus, but not mandatory: In my opinion B1893 has an interaction level above the euro standard.

* No longer than 2 hours (for 2 players): Our 2er games last about 75 min.

* Multiple paths to victory/scoring points: You have about 5-6 diffferent paths to score. You don´t need score in all paths to win (well, you can´t renegate to build some buildings), you can specialize. Cards you get at the beginning determine somewhat strategy to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Behdaad Vala
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As i watched several reviews of Bruxelles 1893, most of them said it is very similar to Feld games. and i see you like feld's games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.