hythonia cruel
msg tools
So I'm picking up AtB 2nd ed mostly because I'm in love with the artwork. The Maps are stunning and the counters are as well. I've seen the 1st edition maps and I can see a huge step up in quality of art.

Will the maps and counters of Guadalcanal be the same type as AtB 2nd ed? Maybe there isn't enough information out there to know yet.

On that topic, which of the other modules are of the same level as AtB 2nd ed?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw some mock up stuff, looked very much like 2nd ed, just more island-like. Hoping the system is done changing, although specific rules for this theater make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hythonia cruel
msg tools
Yeah I guess I'm a bit OCD to have games in a series all look different. In a way, I'm glad that I didn't hope into CoH when AtB 1st ed came out (I was tempted at the time.)

Which of the CoH modules line up visually with AtB 2nd ed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of them, it was the most recent, I am pretty sure the others are different. The good thing to remember is that the Guadalcanal stuff won't link to AofB, so if it is different then it shouldn't affect any of us with gaming OCD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see several examples of Guadalcanal maps and counters on the Academy Games web site. They look spectacular!

Link:
http://academygames.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/guadalcanal...

Just want to remind the community about the CoH tournament that the Schenectady Wargamers Association is sponsoring next month, April 12th, upstate New York.

Link for full details:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1129385/conflict-of-heroes-t...

We hope to see many of you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.