Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't impressed with any of the Dobble games for 2P but I came up with a nice one today while playing with my sister.

Each player starts with one card and the rest in one big stack in the middle.

Goal is to get the most cards when the stack is exhausted.

Way to get the center card -- be the first call out the icon that is shared your top card and the center stack AND the icon that is shared between the opponent's top card and the center stack.

One fun consequence is that if you avoid the use of the word "and" you get silly call outs like "dinosaur-carrot" and "art-target".

I enjoy particularly because it forces you to look at both your card as well as your opponent's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds like a reasonable variant.

But I'm confused why you say that 2-player in particular didn't impress you: it sounds like you don't like that you only need to look at your own stack and the draw stack... But that's true in multiplayer as well as in 2-player! Why does it (apparently) not bother you in multiplayer that you only need to look at your own stack and the draw stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Sounds like a reasonable variant.

But I'm confused why you say that 2-player in particular didn't impress you: it sounds like you don't like that you only need to look at your own stack and the draw stack... But that's true in multiplayer as well as in 2-player! Why does it (apparently) not bother you in multiplayer that you only need to look at your own stack and the draw stack?

Actually I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet! But honestly, I don't think I will particularly like any of the multiplayer versions except for Hot Potato and maybe the Triplets. edit: I forgot about Poisoned well!

Even with the Triplets, I fear it seems to be just a weak version of Set...and I'm actually thinking of making it "Quadruplets" for that reason. Or maybe add a restriction where the three cards must be in a line "Tic-Tac-Toe Triplets".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
Carmel
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
be the first call out the icon that is shared between your top card and the center stack AND the icon that is shared between the opponent's top card and the center stack.

Great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun!

If you are interested, you can check out some other variations that we came up with here:
http://www.blueorangegames.com/index.php/download-rules
(Most of the rules are the same across all the different Spot its, but Si On the Go , Si Jr and Si Party all have new ways to play)

Also, if you haven’t already, check out this cool Dixit-Jinx-inspired variant:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1047012/dobble-dixit-jinx-va...

And thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.