Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clues and Gates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Clue appears in Istanbul 2. On Mythos phase a gate appears at Istanbul with a monster. Does the clue now disappear as in A.H.? If not, then M.H. defeats the monster, closes the gate, then picks up the clue via a research encounter. (3 separate turn-encounters?...or more if he fails on any of the tries.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clues are not affected by Gates and Monsters.

During the Encounter phase you may only have one non-combat encounter, and you cannot have non-combat encounters where there are monsters. So, in this case you will have to encounter the monster and only if you defeat the monster will you have another encounter, which will either be the Gate or the Clue.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
So, in this case you will have to encounter the monster and only if you defeat the monster will you have another encounter, which will either be the Gate or the Clue.


Or a Location encounter if you so decide.

One of the greatest features of the game is allowing so many player choices every turn.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:
So, in this case you will have to encounter the monster and only if you defeat the monster will you have another encounter, which will either be the Gate or the Clue.

Or a Location encounter if you so decide.

Or even a generic city encounter. Or possibly, if there's an eldritch token on the spot, a special encounter for a mystery.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
Acererak wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:
So, in this case you will have to encounter the monster and only if you defeat the monster will you have another encounter, which will either be the Gate or the Clue.

Or a Location encounter if you so decide.

Or even a generic city encounter. Or possibly, if there's an eldritch token on the spot, a special encounter for a mystery.


Or a Rumor. Or a defeated investigator encounter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Enough already...I get it, I get it.surprise No really, As usual, Thanks much for all the help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:
Xelto wrote:
Acererak wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:
So, in this case you will have to encounter the monster and only if you defeat the monster will you have another encounter, which will either be the Gate or the Clue.

Or a Location encounter if you so decide.

Or even a generic city encounter. Or possibly, if there's an eldritch token on the spot, a special encounter for a mystery.


Or a Rumor. Or a defeated investigator encounter.


or no encounter at all, other than the monsters'.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.