Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry this may seem like a dumb question. Was playing this with a friend and we came to a disagreement. He played a hero card that had a power on it. He thought you got to do that power immediately. Then still got to choose a power to use during his power phase. Is he right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
damageinc wrote:
I'm sorry this may seem like a dumb question. Was playing this with a friend and we came to a disagreement. He played a hero card that had a power on it. He thought you got to do that power immediately. Then still got to choose a power to use during his power phase. Is he right?

He is wrong. Playing a card just means that it is in play. In order to utilize it, you need to wait until the Power phase. During the power phase this card will be one of his options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Playing a hero card with a power on it only gives you access to that power when it is time to use a power (usually in your Power phase).

One-shots happen immediately. Ongoing/equipment cards usually don't have anything which happens immediately unless they explicitly say "Do X when you play this card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you play a card, then use a power. If the card you play has a power on it, you don't automatically get to use it. All that card allows is access to the power during your play a power phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Playing the card allows it to stay out (I'm assuming it was an ongoing, equipment, or similar card).

Now that the card is out, you can choose which power to use. You can use the pre-printed Power on your character or one of any of the Powers listed on cards that are out.

Anything preceded by a bolded "Power" is effective when used as a power and not merely when played as a card.

ninja'd times 3!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see there are fans of Sentinels that are as rabid as I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
N.B. Some cards have text which triggers upon playing it and also have a power. For example, Fanatic's sword, Absolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.