Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a copy of Trotofant but the tree spinning mechanism was broken and the tree spinner would go around like a speed of a record (waaaay to fast). So I watched the videos to see what the speed should be and it reminded me a lot of Loopin Louie ('92) which I just happen to have an extra copy of as my first purchase only came with 3 chicken tokens so I taped up the center pole and cut it off at the height of the tree spinner and it works perfectly, yah! Just an idea if someone else has a broken Trotofant out there.

Still no idea how to open the tree spinner so I can look at the gears, it's pretty solidly locked up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraga Roberto
France
SAINT-MALO
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi scott,

Yes the speed of the Looping Louie engine is quite similar to it.
So if you are able to made a new trunk with it, where you could fix the palms, that could works :o)

Have fun

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
goris von der Weide
Germany
flag msg tools
My Trotofant is broken too, it runs to fast. I want to repait it with your "Looping Louie" idea, but I dont really understand what you have done.

Can you tell my in more detail how you fixed Trotofant (or send me a picture)?

I would be really glad :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.