Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys handle for example the situation when the blocks are perpendicular to the players? I mean if the players are sitting by the west and east edges of the map, it's pretty much impossible not to see blocks which are for example facing north in the northern part of the map. Or does it even matter that much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinimini wrote:
How do you guys handle for example the situation when the blocks are perpendicular to the players? I mean if the players are sitting by the west and east edges of the map, it's pretty much impossible not to see blocks which are for example facing north in the northern part of the map. Or does it even matter that much?

I put the blocks face down in these cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Matters a lot.

Just turn your blocks face down. You won't have that many blocks face down, so it's not too hard to keep track of them. In any case, you can just look at them whenever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. Go figure. Didn't even think of that
Of course this hasn't been a problem so far as I'm playing solo to try and learn the rules. But who knows, maybe someday I get to actually play it face to face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reasons why it is important:

You don't know what artillery matching requirements he can meet.
You don't know if the block is Reynolds.
You may not be sure if you are facing 1- or 2-strength blocks (after the game has gotten underway and some combats have occurred).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Tinimini wrote:
Heh. Go figure. Didn't even think of that
Of course this hasn't been a problem so far as I'm playing solo to try and learn the rules. But who knows, maybe someday I get to actually play it face to face.

Time for VASSAL ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:

Time for VASSAL ...

Ah, yes. Might just have to do that. Although, strictly speaking, that's not 'face to face'
I haven't tried the Vassal mod for this game yet, is it good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.