Alex Pupp
Germany
Norderstedt
SH
flag msg tools
badge
I can hardly believe it myself
mbmbmbmbmb
Word of Warning this is basically my first self constructed Deck, it won't be good but it may start an idea for an actual Nasir Deck.
Without further Ado:
[Edit2:] Revised the first draft with the feedback from the thread, it merits playtesting now. It won't be a tournamentwinner but it should be viable and it may even be really good against big ice.
Nasir Facechecker v2

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (13)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Escher (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)

Hardware (9)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set) •••
2x Replicator (Humanity's Shadow)
2x The Toolbox (Core Set)

Resource (12)
2x Ice Analyzer (Creation and Control)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow) ••••

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
2x Dagger (Creation and Control)
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set)

Program (7)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control)
2x Rook (Opening Moves) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)

47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Upstalk

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Nasirs ability is only really useful if you have 0 credits and run, it may even be powerful if you run into HB Big ICE Decks. But you may find insurmountable Tollbooths and the likes.
I started with a standard template of Diesel, Quality Time and Sure Gamble to get cards in hand and money in my pocket.
AS a console I chose Toolbox, for it giving you Link and reusable credits.
Kati Jones as my personal accountant if I think I run into 0 rez cost Ice.
Ice Analyzer appears to harmonize very well with Nasir as does Escher. Should I make it into HQ with an Escher Run I can put rezzed ice where I need it and unrezzed any somewhere else, though I don't know if it really merits that event.
Cloak and dagger also appear to be very useful with Nasir.

Tell me what you think, maybe you have your own Nasir Deck Idea or maybe you want to tell me I'm royally screwed playing this against [insert countering deck here]
[Edit]
After reading the first comments and the suggestions I went over the entire idea behind the identity and decided to make a chart depicting the distribution of ice by cost to get a feel of what might happen:

As you can see it is most likely to hit a 3 Cost ice followed by a 1 cost ice. The reality being you are going to get 1 or 3 credits if you hit that ice.
Makes me think I might want to have a peek before running in order to see if this'll be worth it.
Keeping in mind that I will most likely have to break that ice with whatever recurring credits /Bad Pub I get in order to see something other than this particular ice.
Thus making Cyberfeeder and Xanadu much more valuable than Sure Gamble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd consider Cyberfeeder as well for recurring icebreaking credits. I like your pick of Personal Workshop, that will definitely be helpful as a way to usefully dump credits whenever a new ice is rezzed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook and Xanadu are also economy cards to consider if you have the influence.

And Omni-Drive is another recurring credit source, like Cyberfeeder and Toolbox.

I'm wondering if Nasir is the first runner deck that doesn't necessarily want Sure Gamble...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thornby
United Kingdom
University of Warwick
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Nasir not want to be playing criminal de-rez tech? Crescentus and Emergency Shutdown. It keeps the Corp poor as well as providing credits for himself. I'm just concerned that he'll lose momentum in the late game when stuff is already rezzed and he can't take advantage of his ability. Rook and Xanadu are good shouts too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nephtys Nephtys
msg tools
He's going to bank a good deal on Cache, the new Criminal Virus for the next datapack. Since it's basically 3 real credits you can summon at any time. Then later when used up, you can pawnshop them off.

I suspect he'll really want Rook and Xanadu, since then almost all ICE are cheaper to break than they cost to Rez.

I don't think Nasir will be good though without a lot of specialized tech from the new packs. The current cardpool just doesn't support his type of antics too great.

Also, you don't need MO, Kati, ProCons at the same time in a deck. And Underworld Contacts pretty much never. Kati seems good with him though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Replicator, Cyberfeeder and Toolbox get you to a point where you could have 5 recurring credits / turn. R&D interface, clone chip, the guys who give recurring credits for hardware....

Jank sense tingling! I'm excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xenakis wrote:
I'm just concerned that he'll lose momentum in the late game when stuff is already rezzed and he can't take advantage of his ability.

Same can be said for Reina Roja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Best of luck with your Timmy ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:
xenakis wrote:
I'm just concerned that he'll lose momentum in the late game when stuff is already rezzed and he can't take advantage of his ability.

Are you seriously comparing a viable economic denial ID to a gimmick ID that bankrupts himself on a Pop-Up Window?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Are you seriously comparing a viable economic denial ID to a gimmick ID that bankrupts himself on a Pop-Up Window?

I wasn't comparing them, but if you insist than I believe Nasir is better than Reina.

And Nasir doesn't bankrupt himself on a Pop-Up, or have you not heard of Personal Workshop? Hell, even SMC or Clone Chip. Not to mention Rook and Xanadu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pupp
Germany
Norderstedt
SH
flag msg tools
badge
I can hardly believe it myself
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
What's with the hate? I mean sure it's far fetched with the current Card Pool but it still has Merit with Xanadu, Rook, Cyberfeeder. if you never have credits you cannot lose anything you can only get rich (or get utterly destroyed by net/meat dmg and programtrashing)
But still why would you post in here and have nothing to say? Not cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I intended no disrespect, merely to state that he is, in fact, a Timmy ID and I really do wish you luck in making him successful, as I think it will be quite a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Snitch? Lets you see whether you're about to hit a Pop-Up or something else you don't want to hit, and jack out if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Cyberfeeders definetly, a lock pick or two may not be a bad idea, if only to break pop-ups when you face-check them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
Lysander1 wrote:
kroen wrote:
xenakis wrote:

I second this. There is no comparison. Reina is undoubtedly the most flexible/stable anarch runner that doesn't require you to run any specific cards. Nasir is like prof/kit/exile, jumping through hoops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Lysander1 wrote:

I don't think these comments are really helpful (at all), because

A) the deck wasn't advertised as the next tournament winning hotness
B) early ID bashing is rarely called for, people seem to forget the initial responses to Cerebral Imaging for example
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is definitely a Betsy ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sirprim wrote:
Lysander1 wrote:

B) early ID bashing is rarely called for, people seem to forget the initial responses to Cerebral Imaging for example

Or even TWiY!

Nasir certainly looks counterintuitive. It will be fun building decks around him!

By the way, love the deck name, it makes me laugh so hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.