Risk: Metal Gear Solid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dice Rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dillon Craft
United States
California
flag msg tools
Well, my friends and I seem to keep running into problems with the rules being not so clear. The most recent one being how the rolls work. If I remember correctly, you take the highest rolled and match those, then the second highest, and so forth. What we're having a problem with is with things such as the defender getting (for example) a 6 and a 5 and the attacker getting 2 6s and a 5 (or other lower #). What we argued was that, in this situation, one six defended against six, and the 5 applied to THE OTHER six (because six is apparently different than six -__-). there are also times where defender roles two 6s and the opponent gets a two 6s and a 5 and the two 6s are what apply. Please help me with the interpretation before any more anger erupts over things like this (also, please fill in more rule disputes that I either missed on this subject, or others within this game). Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Attacker rolls:

and the defender rolls

Then the third 5 from the attacker is ignored and you match up the two attacking sixes to the 6 and 5 defending.
In this case each side would lose one army.

The reason for having a third die as the attacker is to help ones chances to roll better numbers, and will also determine the min number of armies that must move into a captured territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.