Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked this as part of my entry on the SGoYT Geeklist but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask here.

I have noticed some folks using 2 CoG's, I just went with the rules for my plays today but obviously the game scales to the amount of COGs present. So my questions are:
Is it more fun with 2? I could see where it would help some in the case of not one guy just getting mobbed and having the potential to be revived.

Is it easier? Or does the difficulty stay the same with the scaling amount of enemies? I personally dont want it easier, I enjoy the challenge, but could see the benefits of running 2 in terms of interaction and full experience game play. Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
TWO TWO TWO !!! Yes, 2 is better. The cogs can combo off eachother, which you just can't do with one. The rulebook does offer some small rule variants for a solo cog, but 2+ for me every time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely 2...IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Emergence with one COG. Two just seems to be a good idea with a number of the cards you can draw being better with another COG to play them on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonios Asikoglou
Greece
Patra
flag msg tools
badge
GOD OF WAR
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play solo, all my plays are with 2 CoGs and because of that as ricky2002 said. I can make skills combination between of CoGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run 1 and 2 solo, both are fun. I tend to prefer 1 for some reason, maybe because I tend to play this solo very late at night and it's already a chore to concentrate hard enough to survive! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe marty
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play with 3 when I run solo missions. I also do the same with the D&D board game adventure systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy three the most as it allows you to do more sophisticated maneuvers but it's not too overwhelming or slow.

Two or four are both fun. Four can be very challenging due to the increased spawning and the fact that one COG can get hit several times before he gets another turn.

One would be my least preferred way to play. It isn't bad with one, but you seem to lose a lot of flavor and options. It's also a little too easy most of the time since you heal so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's one of the things I like about this game. When I first got it, I played through all of the scenarios with just one cog. (It's quite a bit easier with one but not a cake walk).

Then I played through with two and it's almost like different game. The dynamics of the whole game change and it's also more challenging.

I would play just one to get a feel for the game and then change it up and play with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Otto
United States
kinnelon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
With two there's a chance to revive a CoG that's bleeding out. It also allows for some more advanced strategy. The CoG that's not active can burn a card to move with the active CoG if they start in the same area and there are several cards that require another CoG to be effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.