BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: El generale - almost ready to launch on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mirek Talik
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
A few months ago, when we were testing one of my new ideas, some people proposed, that maybe I should try to publish my games on Kickstarter instead of hiding ready and tested projects in the closet. This idea was so good, that I decided to try. But I prefer to be cautious, so at first I decided to run a smaller project.

This is El Generale.

El Generale is a light wargame, players are leaders of small countries, that want to reach a certain position on the international scene, waiting for inevitable revolution in their countries.

Players as dictators are kinda harsh for their people, and they are not worried about anything. Or do they? Well, of course they do. People are tired of being opressed, there are riots, protests, neighbour countries are also in chaos. Our leadeers have maybe six months top, before they will be “released” from tyrant position. Well, that is harsh reality. So what cant hey do? It is simple. The can try to amass as much money they can before the end of their reign, deal with all enemies, and then run to Bahamas or any other tropical Island.

The game should take about 60 minutes (maybe 90 if players will be very aggresive). It is a game for 3 to 5 players.

The whole game is full of joyful backstabbing, paranoia, and few more tricks, that makes the game fun.
At the moment the project is at the very advanced state. The game was tested to the maximum (my friend started to avoid me when I am talking about prototype testing). Graphics are finished, and everything is almost ready to print.

The Kickstarter project is also almost ready.

Some finishing touches and we will be starting very soon. I think in 5-7 days. Our FB site, and publisher site are also ready and operational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How would you say this differs from Junta: Viva el Presidente! or Junta? This is an honest question because what you described reads very similar to these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirek Talik
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
O yes… I was asked about it lots of the time. It`s completely different game

– you can see short movie (trailer) here

or reviev here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirek Talik
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
We are officially on Kickstarter
Campaign started

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1059808302/el-generale-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.