Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Story and ffg deck lists?... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New to the game and i was wondering if theres any story behind all the cards?..i mean f ex it looks like the red queen has a grudge against weyland...and my second question:are there a place to find ffg deck lists?...i saw some in their preweiw of the data packs...sorry if it has been asked before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not read any of the Android books, so I am not sure how much of this theme has been pre-written.

As far as decklists, FFG's are usually pretty vanilla. I would suggest going here for a comprehensive list of winning Decks.

http://stimhack.com/tournament-decklists/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The story is conveyed with subtlety in card flavor text, FFG announcements and data packs / expansions leaflets. There are also some books in Android universe.

Not sure what you mean by FFG decklists. They don't seem to publish any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

Not sure what you mean by FFG decklists. They don't seem to publish any.

They sometimes include them in their preview articles when a new pack gets released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
rattkin wrote:
The story is conveyed with subtlety

The most recent FFG post seemed to indicate that the entire Spin Cycle is a story about Reina Roja's ongoing campaign against GRNDL. Since the Spin Cycle is almost over and nobody seemed to have realized this, I think the story might have crossed the line from "conveyed with subtlety" to "not conveyed at all".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ber -
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
rattkin wrote:
The story is conveyed with subtlety

The most recent FFG post seemed to indicate that the entire Spin Cycle is a story about Reina Roja's ongoing campaign against GRNDL. Since the Spin Cycle is almost over and nobody seemed to have realized this, I think the story might have crossed the line from "conveyed with subtlety" to "not conveyed at all".

I'd agree with this, except the leaflet in Fear and Loathing brilliantly ties together GRNDL, GRDNL refinery, Reina Roja and Vulcan Cover-up (I think that's all of them?), so I think they got there in the end.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say the story for a cycle is more evident near the of the cycle once most cards are out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:

Sigh. Lemme guess your favorite ICE - Grim, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stories are kind of subtle at times. If you read all the info from each included pamphlet you get that a bioroid either murdered someone or there was a cover up to make it appear that a bioroid murdered someone who worked for Weyland. GRNDL was responsible for a large earth quake and tsunami that killed a lot of people, and that Reina Roja was a former ex-special forces soldier with a vendetta against Weyland. When you look at the cards you can see specific characters appearing again and again in the cycle and the flavor text on the cards revealing more info. Who is the Cleaner with the two bioroid companions? Is he the one responsible for the death of the Weyland employee? Since he is on all of these Weyland cards is he actually an employee of theirs? Did they off that guy as the coverup, or is blaming the bioroid (one of the two who helped him?) the coverup? Or was tampering with their memory responsible for one of the bioroids killing someone it wasn't supposed to? Did Reina hack the boiroid and have it kill her target?

The story is there and full of intrigue and short on answers, but that is kind of what makes it so compelling, the trying to figure it out by piecing the info together. In Cthulhu they did a story that spanned two cycles and a box. Slowly unveiled through a set of cards and then more and more information came out until the story was pretty well fleshed out. Looking back at early speculations about the Red Gloved Man is pretty fun knowing what we know now (or at least believe, even at the end there is vagueness and mystery as is fitting that kind of setting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.