Popular Tags: [View All]
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what it sounds like!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1136666/the-borg-collective-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really....almost two years for them to list the next "possible" expansion??

I'm going to hold my breath on this one just so they will have one less customer to buy it! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there was a time limit on expansions.

Count me in the happy camp and I'll definitely purchase it. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed that this is a reality and sees the light of day. Instant buy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed! PDF says August release date.

http://www.universaldist.com/p-131230-star-trek-fleet-captai...

Quote:

The Dominion expands its influence into the game of Star Trek: Fleet Captains! This expansion set contains 12 new Dominion ships with 10 new sub-decks as well 25 Espionage Missions, and the ability to assign all-new Dominion shapeshifting Saboteurs to your opponent's ships!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as I was about to sell my copy of STFC, Wiz Kids set its phasers to stun and hit me. I thought this game was sent to early retirement. IF this becomes reality, would WK bring back the Romulan expansion? Ever since it went out of print, I have been pining for it. Knowing what happened to the Romulans, I'd definitely get Dominion as well. Great marketing technique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
I didn't know there was a time limit on expansions.

Count me in the happy camp and I'll definitely purchase it. Thanks for the update.

Right you are Coren! There is never a time limit on expansions. They could have waited 20 years to release a new expansion and you would have been just as happy.

Unfortunately for a few crazies like myself, I tend to move on to other games when the interest drops off. I mean really....just how many Klingon vs Federation games can one play before it gets stale?

What adds insult to me on this expansion is that the minis have been available almost two years ago! This lag is just so they can flood the market with Attack Wing! Makes the ST:FC paying customer feel loved right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Wiz Kids,

Please pay no attention to anyone anywhere who might have the slightest complaint about this announcement. Thanks. thumbsup

Dear anyone anywhere who might complain,

Please feel free to not purchase one, thereby leaving one for me. Thanks. thumbsup thumbsup

==Hoya
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

um...sorry.^^ I mean: I'm looking forward to it. whistle

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now I have to watch DS9 AND buy the expansion. Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercutio Wycliffe
msg tools
mbmbmb
Already not digging the Cardassian ships. Apparently we FC players can't tell our factions apart unless they are all the same color. Still, I'll wait and see if they did a better job with this expansion than with the Romulans. Perhaps the Espionage missions will actually be all doable by the Federation and Klingons, making the new Excelsior usable.

Interestingly, it seems they plan to carry over the shapeshifter theme over into the packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I really wanna see Borg and Ferengi expansions -- then I think I am done with this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Barchak
United States
Carl Junction
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I am already excited about the Jem'Hadar ships busting a cap in weak federation science vessels' a$$e$. Although my Klingon fleet usually decapitates whichever Star Fleet officer who dares stand in the Empires way, Qapla!!! So maybe the dominion will be a better match for them.

Now if they announce a Captain Sisko card in the expansion my head will explode! DS9, best damn trek series...EVER! Yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polishhammer wrote:
DS9, best damn trek series...EVER! Yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

What rational human would doubt you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TribbleOfBorg wrote:
Already not digging the Cardassian ships. Apparently we FC players can't tell our factions apart unless they are all the same color...

Nothing a little paint won't fix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Toth
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TribbleOfBorg wrote:
Already not digging the Cardassian ships. Apparently we FC players can't tell our factions apart unless they are all the same color.

I'll be definitely using my Attack Wing ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polishhammer wrote:

Now if they announce a Captain Sisko card in the expansion my head will explode! DS9, best damn trek series...EVER! Yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'm very excited for this expansion but mildly disappointed that the PDF document lists 10 command decks, the same as each base game faction + Romulans. I was hoping this expansion would have 11 or 12 command decks, including 1-2 for the Federation so we can have Sisko, Dax, Kira, Basir vs. The Dominion. Doesn't feel like the Dominion war when the only DS9 crew are Odo, Quark, O'Brien and Warf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I didn't pay attention to which forum this was, and kept skipping this thread in my subscriptions thinking it was an expansion for the game Dominion!

Great news about a possible expansion. Sadly, although I'm a pretty big Trek geek, I know the least about DS9 and the Dominion (stopped watching after the first few seasons), but I'm still happy for new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope WizKids can finally produce something of quality.
Today I got my copies of the base game and Romulan expansion.

Base game: 14 cloak tokens miss-printed
Expansion: 10 (or so) location tiles heavily bent and damaged at their edges.

I simply hope they will replace stuff even though I am in Germany .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, still need to find a Romulan Expansion for this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
Ugh, still need to find a Romulan Expansion for this...

Do it, it's SO good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.ca lists it... for Germany that was a bit expensive.
I found further copies in Sweden and Czech

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
polishhammer wrote:

You must not that seen the animated series, now that was epic.

OK, maybe not epic but it was, well, something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
polishhammer wrote:

When DS9 was on the air, I struggled through a few episodes from the first couple seasons, then gave up. TNG was still on then and was vastly superior.

After hearing about how awesome DS9 was, a couple years ago I decided to buy the series on DVD. Again, I had to suffer through several episodes from the first 3 seasons or so, but then it got good. The finale wasn't entirely satisfying, but in general seasons 4-7 were pretty good. Not Battlestar Galactica (esp seasons 1-2) good; but pretty good for the '90s.

As for the animated series...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
StephenM wrote:
polishhammer wrote:

When DS9 was on the air, I struggled through a few episodes from the first couple seasons, then gave up. TNG was still on then and was vastly superior.

After hearing about how awesome DS9 was, a couple years ago I decided to buy the series on DVD. Again, I had to suffer through several episodes from the first 3 seasons or so, but then it got good. The finale wasn't entirely satisfying, but in general seasons 4-7 were pretty good. Not Battlestar Galactica (esp seasons 1-2) good; but pretty good for the '90s.

See, I was the exact opposite. I enjoyed the first couple of seasons well enough (not my favorite trek by any stretch, but it was serviceable), but when it got into one large story line from week to week, I completely lost interest. Probably because I was just looking for something more episodic at the time, and it was straying a bit from the familiar trek format.

That being said, these days I greatly prefer shows that are much more "serial" in nature, rather then stand alone episodes. But at the time, I didn't like it at all. Felt too much like a soap opera, and I didn't like that I felt like I shouldn't miss an episode. Probably because I wasn't super invested in it. Not missing an episode is obviously not much of an issue with a show you love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.