Subject: So when does the kickstarter start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have asked this oter ways but thought it might be better if other people knew as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hal,

In about two weeks. I still need exact quotes from by supplier so I can determine the exact prize setting, and there are some minor things that I need to finish too. I like to start the Kickstarter when everything is ready rather than adding everything during it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am delayed because of slow communication with my supplier, but the Kickstarter will come online shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piet Puk
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you use a better demo model of your game in your Kickstarter campaign than Nox uses in his review.

That really looks like crap and I would skip the backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You think those ships, islands and resources look like crap? That's interesting. If you talk about the custom die, ship property sheets and cards, then yes. They are quite crappy in the prototype but will look great in the final game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, the Kickstarter should go online next week! Kickstarter already approved it, I am just waiting for final quotes from my supplier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is live!
Go grab the 48 hr Early birds while you can!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/martinlooij/the-dutch-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ans it's on. Heavily thinking about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused.
The Dutch East Indies were Dutch and consisted of a few Islands (Java, Sumatra, etc.).
The designer added a British and a Portuguese Island and offers the backers the option to (re)name those Islands???
Where is the historical accuracy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
I am confused.
The Dutch East Indies were Dutch and consisted of a few Islands (Java, Sumatra, etc.).
The designer added a British and a Portuguese Island and offers the backers the option to (re)name those Islands???
Where is the historical accuracy?

I believe that the portugese, english and (the other i can't remember) were also had an east indies and were in competition with the dutch. Therefore, i would say that there is small historical accuracy but who cares? A game is a game. Unless you love Your history and abide by it then i would say this game is as good as any other in that term.

Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hans,

What Hal said is correct.

Martin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This Kickstarter will relaunch in Q1 of 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duikertje1990 wrote:

good news! The game looks great. What changes have you done from the first campaign?
Will be price be lower, with less or less quality components and upgraded through SGs?
Do you have the final art of the game?
How about sending a copy to rahdo for gameplay?

Best regards and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NeORomani wrote:
Duikertje1990 wrote:

good news! The game looks great. What changes have you done from the first campaign?
Will be price be lower, with less or less quality components and upgraded through SGs?
Do you have the final art of the game?
How about sending a copy to rahdo for gameplay?

Best regards and good luck!

Hi Jose,

I have put this game on hold because I will publish Scuba first (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/179574/scuba).
After this game funds succesfully and is shipped to everyone, I will finish preparing the relaunch for the Dutch East Indies. I will have a lower price with less quality components. There will be some upgrades through SGs. I don't have any art yet for this game but I will have before the Kickstarter relaunches. Rahdo has made a little video about Scuba, check out the link above. I will ask him for The Dutch East Indies too, but not before next year.

Thanks for your interest,

Martin
Keep Exploring Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.