Subject: It's a miracle! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Bredael
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just got the game & didn't play it yet, but I'm wondering how did we get a miracle token back?

I search in the componens of the game but only find a crisis card that allows the president to give a miracle token back and the new Baltar character. Is that all? Did i miss something?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not. You're not supposed to be able to get them back very easily. They're basically just tokens to help you keep track of whether you've used your Once Per Game ability or not. It would be a bit over-powered if you could get them back multiple times per game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Tactics skill card - A Second Chance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look up Second Chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There's one mission that gives all human characters who've used their tokens one if you're using the Demetrius/Earth option, and there's one Tactics skill card called "A Second Chance" that will grant the current player a miracle token if the check passes by more than four over the difficulty.

There may be more than one crisis, but I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, it's better to play it safe and assume you won't ever get your miracle token back. If you suspect Cultar coming after yours, or you may get executed, consider using it sooner than later.

consolidated overview, only ways appear to be:
1) An Ambitious Operation (admiral chooses)
'-1 fuel. The Admiral chooses another player to gain 1 miracle token.
OR
Roll a die. On a 4 or less, -1 fuel.

raiders + jump

Unless you know your fuel situation is A-OK, it's gonna be a hard sell trading a Fuel for a mt. Ironically enough, if Fuel's doing OK, you probably may not have needed the mt anyways

2) 5 - A Second Chance
Play before cards are added to a skill check. If the check passes the printed difficulty by 4 or more, the current player gains 1 miracle token

3) Use Cultar's special to ferry around miracle tokens

4) Rescue Hera (mission card) 20YPR
Each human player that does not have a miracle token gains 1 miracle token.
-1 morale and destroy a raptor.

jsciv wrote:
There's one mission that gives all human characters who've used their tokens one if you're using the Demetrius/Earth option, and there's one Tactics skill card called "A Second Chance" that will grant the current player a miracle token if the check passes by more than four over the difficulty.

There may be more than one crisis, but I don't know.
Unless I fudged up somewhere on my spreadsheet, this appears to be the only crisis.

And that is an important distinction. If Cultar already has 1 or more mt, passing that Mission won't give him another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.