Subject: Dice for Damage Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
I think most of us would agree, the little chips for counting damage are... annoying.

I had come up with the idea to use some D12s for the creatures and planned to get some D24s for the players.

Well, D12's are easy enough to find.

But D24's? Impossible! In store, at least.

I can find these online pretty easy:

But I don't like those... I really want some of these:

Any ideas on where those can be purchased online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The World of Warcraft TCG had a great accessory that was a small chest with percentile dice and a huge pile of six-sided dice for tracking damage. If you can find it, it's perfect for this game. I got one back in my WoW days and still find tons of uses for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why dont you use D20s? I thought players had 20 life?

What I'd use dice for are card modifiers, like on the husker knights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dire H
United States
flag msg tools
I use a D20 and D6 for my health, and then a wealth of D6's for damage counters - The little chits were simply too difficult to use with how much damage happened every turn; though I do appreciate that for those who aren't complete card & board-game nerds that they are available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wozy the reader
msg tools
Norsehound wrote:
Why dont you use D20s? I thought players had 20 life?

What I'd use dice for are card modifiers, like on the husker knights.

Players have 25 life if I'm not mistaken. And I use a calculator like i did with MTG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a deck box for Magic that has two dials that go 0 to 50. It works great for life in games like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I play a couple of tabletop wargames and have a couple bags of D10s on hand. They work great for Card Wars, use a pair for each player's HP, and one or two for each card in play.

You can buy a Bag o' D10 on Amazon... the price isn't terrible: http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Opaque-D10-Chessex-29410/dp/B001FL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schrock
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great suggestion. After you mentioned it I remembered I had that chest. Here are some pics to help visualize their use. I'll be using these now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Ansorger
msg tools
I just use two D20's and two D6's set at 25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.