Subject: Mythos: Rising Terror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perform reckoning effect for each monster on the board twice...

Zombie is on the board...it's reckoning is to exchange it with zombie hoard.

Do I...?
a) Put Zombie Hoard in the same spot and be done.
b) Put Zombie Hoard on the same spot and perform its reckoning effect once
c) " " " and perform its reckoning effect twice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the official errata / FAQ:

a) Put Zombie Hoard in the same spot.
b) Zombie is no longer on the board, its reckoning doesn't happen, you are done.

I'm not sure if the exact fiddliness of b) is correct, but long story short, you summon the Zombie Horde (not hoard, that would be a large pile of zombies in storage!) and are done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol hoard....

Thanks that's what I did, but midway through my next turn had that little after thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
As per the official errata / FAQ:

a) Put Zombie Hoard in the same spot.
b) Zombie is no longer on the board, its reckoning doesn't happen, you are done.

I'm not sure if the exact fiddliness of b) is correct, but long story short, you summon the Zombie Horde (not hoard, that would be a large pile of zombies in storage!) and are done with it.

My thought with "b" is the zombie turns into the zombie horde and has one reckoning left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters spawned during reckoning never reckon during the same step, and Rising Terror only cares about monsters on the board when its ability first goes off. So nothing will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, b) is the right answer. One reckoning for the whole board and then a second reckoning for the board with its updated status:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/17917227#17917227
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
Monsters spawned during reckoning never reckon during the same step, and Rising Terror only cares about monsters on the board when its ability first goes off. So nothing will happen.
zosete wrote:
Actually, b) is the right answer. One reckoning for the whole board and then a second reckoning for the board with its updated status:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/17917227#17917227
Kudos to your alertness, Alex!

That post is a little bloated, so here's the relevant answer only:
When a Mythos Card has every Reckoning-Effect on Monsters trigger twice, do Shub-Niggurath's Cultists turn into 2 Monsters before dying, and does the Zombie turn into 2 Zombie-Hordes (Epic Monster)?
- No, it works totally different!

Nikki Valens wrote:
The effect will resolve all reckoning effects, then it will resolve all reckoning effects again. This means each of Shub-Niggurath’s Cultists will transform into either a Dark Young or a Goat Spawn. Then in the second reckoning sweep, the newly spawned Dark Young will be triggered. Similarly, a Zombie will become a Zombie Horde, then that horde will potentially advance Doom.

On it's own, the Rising Terror doesn't care for monsters at all.
It only creates two special reckonings.
Each of these reckonings will create it's own tally of monsters when it starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.