Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby T
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When I report for duty at Officer Training School in a few weeks, I will need to have access to about $2000 to purchase uniforms, equipment, etc...hence the reason for this auction.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

Here's the link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/170981/joining-the-militar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they've changed things drastically since I was in, you're given a clothing allowance in the military... and any equipment you need will be provided to you.

That said, I wish you success in your auction.

EDIT: I read your comments in your auction. Dude, that sucks! Looks like you've got the right attitude, though. Best of luck to you, and thank you for your service, my brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Officers are different!

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Officers are different!

Good luck!

This is correct. As an enlisted member of the Air Force, we get a clothing allowance every year. Officers do not. Let's just say that whole process is not cheap. When you come thru Basic Training, as an enlisted, you pay for ABU's out of your paycheck. The "blues" you do not have to pay for. As mentioned, officers have to shell it out. Eventually enlisted members will begin getting their yearly clothing allowance.

We have an officer who has been stationed here (Wyoming) and has been too cheap to buy a jacket because he wasn't issued one.laugh No comment!

http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/2014clot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am an officer and I play games so don't get rid of all your games!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
When you come thru Basic Training, as an enlisted, you pay for ABU's out of your paycheck.

Wow. Things HAVE changed, then. It's not bad enough that you guys don't get paid enough as it is... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:
vveaponx wrote:
When you come thru Basic Training, as an enlisted, you pay for ABU's out of your paycheck.

Wow. Things HAVE changed, then. It's not bad enough that you guys don't get paid enough as it is... shake

And this administration is trying to take more money away from us. Really does stink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a lot of Axis & Allies stuff. Do you have a copy of Anniversary Edition you're keeping hidden? If so, I'd very much like to speak w/ you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby T
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
@Quintious - Sorry, no A&A Anniversary. I did have it up until about two years ago but I sold it when my wife and I were really in need of some money quickly due to some unexpected expenses. It was the most valuable game I had at the time...it was painful to sell but I don't regret it. It was the right decision at the time. I vowed to re-purchase the game one day when money wasn't as much of an issue. Unfortunately, while we aren't as strapped for cash as we once were, we haven't been "rolling in the dough" either. So I've yet to buy the game again. Maybe one day...I do miss seeing that beauty on my shelf though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Massey
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They usually let you apply for a military star card there to pay for your gear.

GO HOYAS!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.