Quantum» Forums » Rules

Subject: A rule clarification - infamy via aggression and tactical rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Bartkowiak
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I just wanted to make sure I was playing this right.

First if I end my turn with 4 dominance and 6 research and take the aggression gambit with my research advancement, I get to immediately place a cube as I achieve infamy. Do I then immediately get to pick another advancement card for placing of said cube or do I have to wait till the end of next turn?

Also if I have the tactical command card, can i use it to attack with a ship twice in one turn (once with a normal move and once with tactical).

Thank you very much in advance for your responses!

Fantastic game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to the first question.

No to the second question. There's nothing in the card description that overrides the rule of only being able to move each ship only once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attack twice with the same ship only using energized, or if you have a battlestation, which is much more common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Pierre Giguere
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attack twice with a battle ship?

EDIT: Ah, the special ability, cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the first question, We did not play that the person got to take another card becouse the quantum cube was placed during the card phase and not the action phase. And the rulebook states that its what you achive in the action phase that is determin how many Cards you get to take in the card phase.
So no extra card would be taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gee
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
About the first question, We did not play that the person got to take another card becouse the quantum cube was placed during the card phase and not the action phase. And the rulebook states that its what you achive in the action phase that is determin how many Cards you get to take in the card phase.
So no extra card would be taken.

In the rule book it says under "Dominance" that "During the advance cards phase of your turn, you will select one advance card per quantum cube you placed during the turn."

Players pick up cards in phase 2 of your turn, so it's still your turn, which would mean you would be able to pick up another card after you place the cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.