Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious,

If my life points go below a moral indicator, but then get healed up one notch, do I suffer another moral deduction if it goes across the indicator again in short order?

I've always played that moral was double impacted in this manner, but upon reflection this feels wrong.

To clarify, let us say my life boxes look like this:

AAAA [arrow] BBBB [arrow] CCCC...

With "A,"B" and "C" being regions of life indicators.

If I were on the last "A", and lost a life point, my group would be -1 moral. Left to my own devices, I'd be able to suffer four more wounds before the next moral deduction.

However, if I managed to find health, yet also managed to loose another wound, I'd experience -2 moral in the span of only two health points. Something about this feels wrong.

Sadly, no solution seems elegant. Either there is a potential penalty to positive play (i.e. finding the means to heal oneself could result in a harsher penalty than letting the wounds fester), or we're expected to maintain some kind of reference as to how much time elapses between crossing (an unrealistic demand on memory for a game like this). Neither feels right.

How do you play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is answered in the FAQ:

If I heal and pass a decrease in morale arrow and then take another wound, do I lose another morale or do I only lose the morale the first time I passed the decrease arrow.
Yes, each time you pass it, you decrease morale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed morale goes back up whenever you get better. Is that not true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it goes down EACH time you pass even if you already did before and no, it does not go up when you are healed the other direction. This is why, sometimes...sometimes you do NOT want to heal or may want to wait until you can heal more than one spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see it like this:
moral going down by wounds usually means thematically that the character is angry and grumpy because he is hurt or that the group feels hopelessness when they see a wounded character.
Imagine how striking it would be to see someone recover from an injury and immediately suffer another one in a shhort time frame. Or how angry this character must be. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.