Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I am probably a little behind on things.

I get that the red stone that the dark elves used was probably an infinity stone.

But - to my knowledge - it was never called that during the movie until the extra scene.

The axe guy and the sword woman said that because they have the Tesseract, they do not want two infinity stones in Asgard.

... does this mean the Tesseract is an infinity stone?

I'm confused.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is the idea. My guess is that the Tesseract is the mind stone and the Aether is the space stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is supposed to be an infinity stone too. Especially with Thanos on the hunt now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collector will be in Guardians of the Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tesseract and the Aether are both infinity stones. The infinity gauntlet is briefly shown in the background of Thor 1 when Thor's crowning gets interrupted.

Edit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this has been building - my guess is towards Avengers Movie #3 - since they first showed the mighty THANOS in the stinger at the end of the first Avenger's movie.

Can't wait.

The Tesseract is the blue Mind Gem (has some connection since Loki was messing with everyone's minds)

The Aether is the red Soul Gem since they talked about it stealing life-force from people's souls

There were 6 Infinity Gems: Soul, Space, Mind, Reality, Time, Power

Together they basically make the owner of them god-like in powers. The 2-part comic mini-series where Thanos acquires all of them is quite good and very enjoyable. It's called the "Thanos Quest." I'm not sure how much it's gone up in price since I bought it a long time ago but back then each issue ran about $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Yeah, this has been building - my guess is towards Avengers Movie #3 - since they first showed the mighty THANOS in the stinger at the end of the first Avenger's movie.

Can't wait.

The Tesseract is the blue Mind Gem (has some connection since Loki was messing with everyone's minds)

The Aether is the red Soul Gem since they talked about it stealing life-force from people's souls

Together they basically make the owner of them god-like in powers. The 2-part comic mini-series where Thanos acquires all of them is quite good and very enjoyable. It's called the "Thanos Quest." I'm not sure how much it's gone up in price since I bought it a long time ago but back then each issue ran about $20.

eh about half that now.

There is TPB of it floating around. Infinity Gauntlet is also in print.

We don't have enough planned movies to get to 6 gems if they are doing Thanos as the Avengers 2 villain...unless they are swapping Ultron for Thanos in 2...but we don't have a Hank Pym yet to have even created Ultron yet.

You want confusion all you need is 2 characters Hank Pym and Rick Jones. They are related to or have been just about everybody in the 616.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Can't wait.

eh about half that now.

We don't have enough planned movies to get to 6 gems if they are doing Thanos as the Avengers 2 villain...unless they are swapping Ultron for Thanos in 2...but we don't have a Hank Pym yet to have even created Ultron yet.

You want confusion all you need is 2 characters Hank Pym and Rick Jones. They are related to or have been just about everybody in the 616.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but there is an Ant-Man movie coming in 2015 starting Paul Rudd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Can't wait.

eh about half that now.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but there is an Ant-Man movie coming in 2015 starting Paul Rudd.

6 gems in the Infinity Gauntlet. We haven't met Pym, or Ultron 1 let alone any Ultron upgrades....that's a lot of gems of story to get done.

Antman looks to be the Irredeemable Antman story, which has nothing to do with Ultron, The Vision or Wonderman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Can't wait.

eh about half that now.

Oh no, I'm not saying they'd show everything - they don't necessarily have to do that. They could just start Avengers #3 with Thanos only needing like 1 or 2 gems or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.