Brandon Gulker

West Lafayette
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a summary plot of the likelihood of drawing a specific card during your setup draw and first draw of the game. It takes into account deck size and number of cards in the deck. Here is a link. I have a few additions I am thinking of adding, but please let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101217/probability-of-draw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to go below 50 cards ?
Also, a link to a xls is faster, and ploting 1-HYPGEOMDIST (0, 6, 3, 50) is not that hard...
What do you intend to add ? I know an excel speed sheet can pretty much become like a little software.
Also, the probability are in Zorbec's deckbuilder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Gulker

West Lafayette
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alogos wrote:

It should probably only go down to 50 to avoid confusion. Below 50 is only there for my curiosity.

alogos wrote:
Also, a link to a xls is faster, and ploting 1-HYPGEOMDIST (0, 6, 3, 50) is not that hard...

I guess that's all just preference. Maybe I'll upload an xls in addition. Once you have a plot, though, I'm not sure what benefit an xls would provide. The advantage of a PDF is primarily quick access and compatibility. For example, it's a lot easier for me to open up this PDF on my phone than an xls file.

alogos wrote:
Also, the probability are in Zorbec's deckbuilder.

I've never used that deck builder. It sounds like it would be worth checking out. That would be a nice feature to have in such software. That being said, I find it useful to have a quick reference without the need to open up additional software. It also makes it much easier when I'm not at my PC. I also like to see the trend plotted graphically. Again, this is probably an issue of preference. Perhaps a deck builder is more appropriate for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mithrandir1119 wrote:
The advantage of a PDF is primarily quick access and compatibility. For example, it's a lot easier for me to open up this PDF on my phone than an xls file.

Ah, yes... this... I should get one of those "smart phone" all the people are talking about... meh.

/me return to his stone cave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.